Small Town "Goings On"

Jay Lock

Hi everyone

Thought you might enjoy this giggle. This summer when we were traveling around we stopped for breakfast at a small town coffee shop (can't remember exactly where, it was in New England). There was obviously a whole flock of "regulars" and the waitresses behind the counter were kidding around with them.

As I was paying our bill an older guy walked up to the cash register and said to the waitress that was helping me "Say who was that hot blond that you were serving awhile ago?" "She really had us all going over at the table. Do you know her name? Is she single? (mind you the guy is at least 75 from my estimation) The waitress says, "Who do you mean? I don't remember."

You know, the blond with the fancy haircut and the tight black slacks and pretty sweater the guy replied

The waitress pauses and thinks a bit ( I'm waiting for my change but enjoying watching the interchange) She reaches into the register, hands me my change and then her head snaps back to the guy who asked the question

Oh my God she exclaimed! That was my daughter!

Much hr-umping and blushing on the part of the guy, with a final "but she sure looks good" he beat a hasty retreat out the door

Waitress laughs and says, just wait till I tell her that!

I get a refill for the road and LOML and I laugh about it several times during the rest of the day's drive.

Jay

Along the same embarassing line....

Our local contractor when I was a kid was named Charlie. Charlie had two sons and 3 daughters, the sons were my best friends and I knew their sisters...and one was particualarly gorgeous....model beautiful her name was Roxanne.

My brother is 10 years older than me and didn't know the sisters, so one day while we were at Charlies lumberyard one of his daughters walks by.....my brother wispers to Charlie " Bet you wish you were younger (nod nod wink wink) boy she is certainly...... you get the drift", gesturing towards Roxanne

(remember he didn't know Roxanne was Charlies daughter but I did?)

Boy did I ever get a chewing out from my brother for letting him say all he said to Charlie and not kicking him in the shin to be quiet....it was worth it.:rofl:

Along the same embarassing line....

Our local contractor when I was a kid was named Charlie. Charlie had two sons and 3 daughters, the sons were my best friends and I knew their sisters...and one was particualarly gorgeous....model beautiful her name was Roxanne.

My brother is 10 years older than me and didn't know the sisters, so one day while we were at Charlies lumberyard one of his daughters walks by.....my brother wispers to Charlie " Bet you wish you were younger (nod nod wink wink) boy she is certainly...... you get the drift", gesturing towards Roxanne

(remember he didn't know Roxanne was Charlies daughter but I did?)

Boy did I ever get a chewing out from my brother for letting him say all he said to Charlie and not kicking him in the shin to be quiet....it was worth it.:rofl:

As the oldest of three boys, that is such a younger brother thing to do!

Good job! :rofl:

I know the 'father's curse' of having a hottie daughter in a small town... one that was just learning how to use that to her advantage. :eek:

She's 23 now, and seems to have her head on straight... but she's paid the price for some choices she made.

Last edited: