Nova DVR

Gari Biasillo

I've been saving my pennies for a Nova DVR XP, which go for C$2200+taxes(13%!) where I live and includes a SN2 chuck.

However, I have the chance to purchase a used Nova DVR (not the XP) with a couple of extra faceplates, vacuum adapter and Oneway livecenter kit. Asking price C$1000. My heart was set on the XP but I'm thinking that it's too good an opportunity to pass up.

Any input welcome, even if it's just "got for it!" or "don't be a fool!" :D

I suppose this is a stealth pre-purchase gloat! :rofl:

Gari if it is the Nova DVR 3000 I think I would go for it. You are getting a lot of extra's with it. Hopefully Stu will jump in here and give you some heads up as he bought the DVR 3000 which is the one before the XP. If it is in decent shape I thinky you would be fine and have money left over for other goodies.

A thousand bucks........??? :eek:

Man, I thought I got a good deal :D

Berni, Gari knows all about my DVR 3000, he turned on it..... :D

gari_2.jpg

Is the New Nova DVR XP worth an extra $1200......... :dunno:

Not to me it wouldn't be, $1200 buys a LOT of tools and exotic wood :thumb:

I'd be all over that for $1000 just for the lathe, add in the extras....... no brainer for me, but then that might just be me :D

I'd be on that deal in a heartbeat. Like Stu said, you can resell it for that price (or maybe even more) if you decide you want something different later.

Gari,

As has been said already go I would go for the second hand one and use the bucks to buy some tools and accessories. I have the DVR 3000 and had a problem with my circuit board. Teknatool gave me a new XP board no probs as my product was under warranty. The biggest difference is the XP has speed presets. And even having them now I find I never use them. Given the second hand model is in good shape I would jump at it.