Storm. We're gonna get hammered

S

Steve Clardy

Latest update. Calling for 10-18 inches of snowfall and :eek: ICE :eek: :eek:

I had two of my sons over on my current job putting up base today. They came home at 2:00, not wanting to get stuck away from home.
Snow flakes are hitting my shop, sounds like rain hitting it, they are so big and heavy.

State maintence has not been down our slick road today. Too busy elsewhere I guess.
Power lines are in fair shape so far------

Last edited:
That looks bad. I just went out on my back deck in my shorts and t-shirt to check the pool for ice over. None. Be safe and stay dry and warm. Hot todies are the rule of the day.

That looks bad. I just went out on my back deck in my shorts and t-shirt to check the pool for ice over. None. Be safe and stay dry and warm. Hot todies are the rule of the day.

Sheeesh. Shorts and t-shirt :mad: :mad: :dunno: :rolleyes: :D

Our temp is still around 36 degrees but it has been raining hard all day even though the forecast is for colder and lots of ice.
My shop has a lot of water on the floor. It is a walk-out basement arrangement. Where the main line for the well comes into the pressure tank, throught the concrete wall, the foam sealant around the pipe has failed and water is dribbling in. Very large puddle in shop. Good thing I don't sweep very often, the shavings are soaking up a lot of it. :rolleyes:
If we get the ice and snow, I may be here all day talking. :eek:

Hey Steve,
Hunker down and stay warm. Hope your power holds up!

THe storm passed thru here last night. We are 20 degrees below normal. Got a couple of inches of snow, which is a lot for the desert.

Just wait till hurricane season and see who's laughing.:rolleyes:

Me too!! Can't work in the shop when its dark, and no electrons to run these tailed tools.

Tod's probably getting hammered too :eek:
Everything seems to be north and east of springfield for the moment.

Tod may be outside rounding up the coons.:huh: :dunno: :D

Our temp is still around 36 degrees but it has been raining hard all day even though the forecast is for colder and lots of ice.
My shop has a lot of water on the floor. It is a walk-out basement arrangement. Where the main line for the well comes into the pressure tank, throught the concrete wall, the foam sealant around the pipe has failed and water is dribbling in. Very large puddle in shop. Good thing I don't sweep very often, the shavings are soaking up a lot of it. :rolleyes:

Weather turkeys are calling for 17 tonight here.:(
Sure glad we have wood heat.:thumb:

No shorts here, but I could have worn them. It was 74 today, one degree off the record. Your cold front hits us tonight. High in the low 40's tomorrow. Figures, I got work to do tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I spent the afternoon today gathering a trailerload of turning and burning wood - and sweating something fierce here in eastern PA, where the temperature hit 70 deg locally! :bonkers: The cold is coming, but this weather sure has been easy on the woodpile...

This was my place on Monday, Seattle area.

Snow1.png

Right now, Thursday 7:00pm it's clear and 39.8 degress...:dunno:

Last edited:
I hope we get some of that white stuff. Personally, I love it. Seems everyone else in this neck of the woods hates it, including my wife.

And that Seattle snow, now that's just crazy.

We have about 5-6 inches of mostly ice on the ground now. :(

I'd rather have snow if I had a choice, but-----

You know threats like this are not appreciated Frank ;) :D :poke::rofl:

Just funning ya! :thumb:

Sorry to hear about your leak, water is so destructive, hope you get a handle on that soon.

Sure hope that pile of wet shavings don't freeze, they you REALLY would have to use a snow shovel!! :eek:

Stay warm all!

Cheers!

I really feel for you guys going through what we had here, and some of you are getting it harder... Take care!

Stu, it does, especially when I lived in Sakaiminato...or traveled to Kyoto or Nikko at Oshogatsu! Absolutely beautiful. :thumb: