A good video

Yep, that's one all turners should watch! :thumb:

Couple of points; LOVE his slow speed grinder! :D

also............ "They had sandpaper back in 1930........." :huh:

Dunno why that strikes me as odd, but......... well, I just thought of it as a more recent invention...... :dunno:

Great video!

I liked the interesting hook tool, and the cool "depth finder" - with handle! ;)

Speaking of handles, it looked like the knob for the lid was just jammed into the hole. Did I miss something?

In the film he just jambs it in the hole, taper fit, I'd guess, but we did not see him put any finish on it either :dunno:

BTW...........

Sandpaper

History

The first recorded instance of sandpaper was in 13th century China when crushed shells, seeds, and sand were bonded to parchment using natural gum. Shark skin was used as a sandpaper. Sandpaper was originally known as glass paper, as it used particles of glass.
The rough scales of the living fossil Coelacanth are used by the natives of Comoros as sandpaper.
Glass paper was being manufactured by John Oakey's company in London by 1833, who had developed new adhesive techniques and processes that could be mass-produced. A process for making sandpaper was patented in the United States on June 14, 1834 by Isaac Fischer, Jr., of Springfield, Vermont.
In 1916 3M invented a type of waterproof sandpaper, known as Wetordry™, and its first application was for automotive paint refinishing.

Learn something new everyday! :wave: