Pullout and swivel TV bracket/stand

Doug Sinjem

I'm designing a entertainment unit around a 55" LCD. Because of the location the TV needs to be able to be pulled out and swiveled for optimum viewing. I've looked at afew wall mount systems and a few slide out mechanisms. Any one have experiences with either of these systems?

Doug

doug, i`ve used the slideout kind but the ones i`ve used wheren`t for plasmas, they where for crt`s...maybe somebody has some good info?
i`d check with k-v and blum.

TV Mount

I recently installed just such a mount for my Son.

Very high quality mount.

I can get the name if you want it.

I think the mount alone was in the $300 range.

I think I found a picture.

Looks like you should get one for a much lower price now.

Attachments

• wallmount.jpg
    wallmount.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I'm designing a entertainment unit around a 55" LCD. Because of the location the TV needs to be able to be pulled out and swiveled for optimum viewing. I've looked at afew wall mount systems and a few slide out mechanisms. Any one have experiences with either of these systems?

Doug
Hi Doug :wave:,
I have done both the wall mount and the pull out and swivel. If the tv is only about 4" thick I would recommend the wall mount bracket. ( about 2 1/2" deep ) so plan on double 3/4" ply set in to about 6 1/2 to 7" deep in the pocket for the tv. Found out for me, when retracted the TV looks best set about 1/2'' back in from flush with the front of the cabinet. It will allow you to pull the tv out and then turn. If you decide to go for the pull out and swivel I like the very heavy duty (300#) drawer slides. Plan on making a base that is about 3" tall that you can mount the slides to ( these slides do not come apart but they can be mounted to the cabinet wall first and then to the pull out shelf.
The shelf/base is like a drawer upside down with a 3/4" roof, beef up under as you see fit, then cut another 3/4" piece same size as the other piece. you will mount a 17" or larger swivel in between the layers, band the top layer to cover the plywood edges and some of the thickness of the swivel. It is actually a smoothly working set up. 22" slides about $75.00 and a aluminum 17" swivel is about $50- $75.00
Sorry I have no photos of this just now. Will try to get some.
Shaz
P.S. I don't know if LCD's come in thin versions or not. I just build according to the size of the tv+ margin, not knowing much about crt's lcd's or plasmas :dunno:

Last edited:
Easy fix. A set of heavyduty full extension drawer slides. A heavyduty Swival Lazy susan & Plywood. Make a slide out shelf with the Full extensions and some plywood. thenmount a Large heavyduty lazy susan and another piece of plywood atop that slide, then the TV on the swivel.