Strange sandwiches....

Doug and Ian,

Please back off a little. It was bad enough the spat over the little tea taxation thing.......I don't want to think what it would be like over a marmite disagreement!:eek::rolleyes::D

Ken - If you dressed up as indians and threw Marmite in Boston harbour you would probably get arrested by the somebody from the EPA these days:D

I have a horrible habit of making sandwiches in the morning from the left-overs of the previous night's take-away meal.

A particular favourite of mine is a pepperoni pizza and curry sandwich.

You really need to have a bad hangover to appreciate it! :)

In more sober moments I find that steak and kidney pie and chips (fries) makes an excellent sandwich filling.

Last edited:
I"ll change the subject.

When I was a child, my favorite people to visit was my Aunt Margaret and Uncle Harold. They didn't have any children and lived on a farm. One weekend they'd have all of their neices out for the weekend. A month later after they'd recouperated, they'd have all the nephews out for the weekend.

My favorite sandwich at Aunt Margaret's...............peanut butter and mayo on any kind of bread. Can't stand the stuff now.........

When I was a young lad and we were living in the US at the time, we had some frinds on my parents visit. I was sitting at the table slapping some marmite on my toast when the bloke asked what it was. My dad tried to explain it to him and the guy decides to try it. He slapped it on like a brickie and took a bite. The look on his face was priceless.

My son (born here) loves the stuff.