Spray finish?

Al killian

I am looking at getting a turbine sprayer and was wondering if someone could direct me to where I can find info on different types of lacquer there are. Is there one that will hold up to daily abuse and on top of a desk? I am sick of useing poly and the time it takes to get it looking good.

I really think that anyone going into spray finishes for the first time right now should be looking at water-based lacquers.

They have improved enormously over the last few years; I have just been testing a new one from my supplier and I can vouch for their claim that it applies and performs as well as an AC solvent based lacquer.

I will shortly be moving over exclusively to water based. I'm sure that someone will be along soon with a recommendation of a brand available in the US

Thanks for the help. I am going place a order for Taget coatings in a few weeks and try it out and see how it works for me. Charlie, what do you use for buffing out the finish besides the paste? Do you use a buffer or elbow power?