I got slightly bombed today.......

Stuart Ablett

...... :D

This turned up on my step this morning.......

da_box.JPG

and inside under a TON of them packing peanuts...........

da_box_contents.JPG

Now the right angle drill is something I've wanted for a while, but they are hard to come by here in Japan, and they want TOP dollar for them, so when Vaughn said he could get one at Harbor Freight for something like $20..... :D

.........and being the nice guy that he is, he sent me a hunk of Eucalyptus and some spalted Alder. He also gave me a hemostat for sanding inside them hollow forms, and one of his cool business cards!

Thanks Vaughn you are a great guy! :thumb: :clap:

Cheers!

Congrats, I looked at that drill this weekend, but didn't pull the trigger. Let us know how you like it. Vaughn, well done!:thumb:

Stuart, you are a lucky guy as well, but I guess you know that already.
Hey, congratulations. :D

Stu

I don't think you got bombed, you got Vaughned! :rofl::rofl:

Funny, I was looking at that unit on HF's website (too lazy to make the 70+ mile trip to the nearest branch) and then thought I'd wait a bit. I'll be driving up that way next week so I can give it a shot then.

That was certainly nice of him to do that -- if he keeps providing that level of service to the mod/admin team I don't think we'll be hurting for volunteers for the next election. :)

Jay

Jay, I was at HF this weekend and the in store sale price was $25 but the website is $19.99 so make sure to print off the sale price from the website.

I just bought that same drill from HF, and a few arbor mounted foam H&L sanding pads from Klingspor and it makes a fine bowl sanding set-up. It's just a bit loud, but for $20 you can't complain.
Dave:)

Ok, Ok, I see what is going on here. :huh:
Vaughn figured out a way to... :eek: Wait a minute!!!

What a Great idea!

Let's all pack up those pesky peanuts that blow all over the lawn and send them to Stu! :thumb:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DT

(Great going Vaughn you are a Family kinda guy. ;))

I'll add to Kerry and Dave's comments 'Loud but only $20' and as it ages the handle gets real hot when sanding a bowl. Mine is about a year and a half old and I expect sudden death to occur soon. Need to order another.

Frank

I've got one of those drills. Not real refined but does the job. I've had mine for over two years with no problems. For $20 I figured it last long enough for me to make up my mind what I really wanted. Now it won't die.