Buckeye burl and Blackwood

Buckeye burl HF with Blackwood pedestal and finial. 4 1/2" diameter by 11 1/2" tall, lacquer finish.

TS454-1.jpg

TS454a-1.jpg

TS454b.jpg

Last edited:
Travis..........that is stunningly elegant! I don't know how you manage to keep raising the bar but you do! Very, very well done Sir!

That is stunning to say the least!

You say you wet sand after it cures...?

How long do you wait until it cures, in general?

If you are wet sanding, do you worry about getting any water in the inside of the form?

Thanks for taking the time to share, inspiring :thumb:

Stu, 2-3 days in general. I just dip the sandpaper in a bowl of water and shake off the excess, just enough to keep the paper wet. I hold the piece on a towel in my lap, so there's not much worry of water getting in places it shouldn't. ;)

Travis, as usual that is absolutely, incredibly, breathtakingly beautiful!!:thumb::thumb::clap:
I guess I'll go burn my woodpile now and throw my turning tools in the garbage.:(:bang:
No, wait! Maybe if I go out to the shop and practice for 18 hours a day for, Oh I don't know, maybe the next 60 or 70 years, I can be as good as you.:) Nah, not going to happen. Instead, from now on when I look at one of your projects I'll just try to remember to wear a bib. LOML tell me that it's embarrassing to see me walking around with a shirt full of drool.:eek:

Beautifully done!! Thanks for sharing.:congrats:

Travis, that is truly incredible. It doesn't make me want to throw away my tools, it just makes me want to get better with them.

Brilliant, brilliant work. Wow.

Thanks,

Bill