Help For A Fellow WW'er

great idae Karl! But I'm going to take it one step further for those who can't get over to SMC...I hope this doesn't cause any problems here...but here's a copy of the post.

A long standing creeker and a compassionate woodworker, Dennis Peacock, is facing some major long term medical expenses due to a recent development in his family. The health insurance provided by his employer does not cover all expenses and he has to foot a significant portion of these bills out of his pocket. Needless to say other aspects of their life have started to suffer due to the immense financial burden this new development has put on their earnings and any savings.

Dennis has been a part of this community since its inception, and is always the first one to raise his hand when any other creeker needs help. Although he is a man of great pride and refuses to ask for any help, some of us have talked to him and he has reluctantly agreed to accept whatever SMC can come up with.

Although the medical expenses will be a long term financial strain they will have to find a way to manage, some of us thought that we should do what we can to "pitch in". Please keep in mind this is an initiative taken upon by a few close friends, Dennis has nothing to do with it. If anyone has any moral or principled objections to this concept I am to blame for it, so please direct you criticisms towards me.

I am going to keep track of the collections, while Joe Meazle has agreed to help and keep things in line. The status will be posted under this thread.

You can use my PayPal account at ZRNAQVI_at_yahoo_dot_com, or if you'd like to write a check you can mail it at the address below. Please make sure you email me (at the above email) to let me know you have sent a donation.

Zahid Naqvi
2819 Valley Park Drive
Little Rock, AR 72212.

I'm in, also.

For those of you who don't know Dennis and his family, the Peacocks are one of the few who qualify as closest to the "ideal American family" I have ever met. He and Tracy have four children--Daniel, Amanda, Joseph, and Samuel--and they have made the commitment to their family and their children that their education comes first. Dennis supports the family on his own earnings, while Tracy home-schools the children and does all the other stuff that the "traditional" American housewife always did. My husband and I have been guests in their home and you will be hard-pressed to find a more welcoming, hospitable family than the Peacocks. They are a close, loving family and don't deserve whatever bad fortune has befallen them.

Nancy (57 days)

Last edited:
Knowing a bit more about Dennis' situation than most folks here, I'm also in.

Thanks for the heads-up Karl and Glenn. :thumb:

I agree with Nancy on all accounts. Dennis has been a very good friend over the years. I blame him for my woodworking affliction ;) but they are probably one of the nicest people I have met. Thanks to all of you who are helping out.

I would like to take just a moment to say "Thank You" to all of you for being so kind and generous. This is a great bunch of woodworkers here and I appreciate you just being "you".

Folks,

Earlier tonight at that other site, Zahid announced that so far $1515 had been collected for Dennis and his family.

Thanks for all your generosity for my friend Dennis!

Another northern redneck is in.....Dennis is heck of a great guy and I'm all for helping out our fellow WW'er.

Like Larry said.... Dennis, keep your chin up.