I love hunting in MONTANA!!!

Just got home from Montana....what a fun trip! Short story is I filled all three of my antelope tags.........made an "oops" in filling a doe tag by shooting a yearling buck........so had to use my trophy tag on him. Filled both doe tags with shots at 225 and 300 yards......sufice it to say the 7 mm Rem mag left a mighty LARGE exit wound.

The other guys in camp weren't interested in freighting their meat home, so I also came back with another antelope and 2 mule deer. Guess I have some butchering to do this weekend!

HPIM1749 (750 x 541) (600 x 433).jpg

Wow, four antelope and two muleys. :eek: I'm guessing you're about out of freezer space, huh?
I'll bring the local brew! Stu brings the imports!:D

Congrats Barry!
Reminds me of a time I was having a beer in a bar in Montreal. I was drinking a Labatt, and the local guy sitting next to me was having a Budweiser. I commented to him that were were both drinking imports...just depended on your point of view. ;)

cool! 300yds in montana doesn`t look that far does it? with a 7mm i`m bettin` they dropped right on the spot.

Have you ever bowed hunted antelope out there?

I can't tell you how many times I have been invited to go out to Mt for an antelope hunt, but always had to say no.

Hopefully, in the near future, that no will turn into a yes!

Great pics

joe

Thanks guys. It was a LOT like caribou hunting in Alaska.

Plenty of room left Vaughn..........its a 21 cubic foot chest freezer. Good thing as deer season opens here next weekend.