Google in Search!

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I searched "searching" tonight (er, this morning) and figured out how to add site-specific Google search to the forum search option. When you click the Search option in the Navigation Bar at the top of each page, you'll now see an option to Google FamilyWoodworking. This is a MUCH better search method than the one that's built into the vBulletin software.

Note that this option will not be displayed if you are using the "Smart Brown" display style. Use "Woody" or "Default Style" if you want to use the Google Search feature.

Enjoy, and happy searching - :wave:

Atta boy

YEAH! Kudos to the blond guy on the left coast!

Thanks Vaughn, that is a great improvement

Jay

Bless you Vaughn. I set up my own shortcut for this feature as it was lacking. I'm sure this will make a lot of folks searches more fruitful. Just a reminder as I had to remind someone about this just the other day; when you use Google search, the results page you are looking at is from Google, not FWW.

Sounds logical but some folks get confused because "I'm not in the forum anymore, what happened?". As I mentioned before, I just keep another browser open to do my searches. Ahhh, technology.