Inlaid dovetails - made a video tutorial, NOT photo tutorial

Al Navas

Some of you will remember the boxes that I submitted to a Silent Auction at our daughter's church. They did very well at the auction, as the bids were nice and generous. The following is a photo of the two, just before I applied Waterlox as the finish:

1_TwoDovetailBoxes_Unfinished.JPG

A few people have been interested in a tutorial on HOW to make these originally I thought I would post a photo tutorial at some point.

As luck would have it, the photo tutorial was a good idea, at the time. But I have come up with a video tutorial, featuring yours truly! What a humbling experience this has been...

So, if you are interested in HOW to make boxes with inlaid dovetails, please take a look at my blog (http://blog.sandal-woods.com). I have posted Part 1 (The Basics) and Part 2 (Cutting Tails & Pins). Part 3 will show the cutting of the pin sockets in the walnut, thus creating the inlay.

I hope you will enjoy the videos. Please let me know - thanks for looking!

I've done a few videos myself, and I know how hard it can be, as well as how time consuming it is.

Way to go Al, that was great, now I'm waiting for part three! :thumb:

Thanks, Hubert and Stuart!

Stuart,
It IS a lot tougher than I realized. This is especially true when you are the Director, Producer, and Chief Bottle Washer :D. I continue to work on Part 3. Thanks for the encouragement!!!