• Gloss

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Semi-gloss

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Glenn, I'm putting it together for the final time now. I'll have a show and tell thread soon. I'm hanging cabinets and putting things away. Getting ready to cut some wood at last! :thumb:

The door is definitely blocked Norman. (At least the single people door is, I have the double doors to use.) I have my plywood sheets, Masonite etc. leaning there for a while. I'll finish putting things away and hook up my hoses for the new DC then get back to work on that plywood cart.

The problem is, I had to re-design the whole shop and take the gantry crane out of there all for one 3/4" conduit! :huh:

100_1945.jpg

100_1964.jpg

It's totally amazing the problems one little pipe can create when it's in the center of the shop. :dunno:

So sorry for the thread steal. More to come in a short while.

DT

Don, what are the two items on the wall in the first pic, just right of the Festool rack, (one is kind of shiney and the other looks like a door bumper about 6" below the shiney one? (just curious)

Norm, the top one is a three outlet air hookup. Below it is the drain. I have two three ways on each wall. The compressor is outside in it's own little room.

P1010027.jpg

100_0864.jpg

DT

The door is definitely blocked Norman. (At least the single people door is, I have the double doors to use.) I have my plywood sheets, Masonite etc. leaning there for a while.

The problem is, I had to re-design the whole shop and take the gantry crane out of there all for one 3/4" conduit! :huh:

It's totally amazing the problems one little pipe can create when it's in the center of the shop. :dunno:
DT

Boy, that is the Pitts, Don, not being able to use your Gantry Crane in there.:( I really have a personal thing against anything solid coming down from the ceiling, 'cause it SEEMS that ever since I finally had to get glasses, (trifocals instead of just reading glasses), that I have lost my situational awareness and I would be constantly banging into it with wood or something.:doh: I think I would just have to get the saw out with a masonry blade and cut me a shallow groove in the concrete floor from that spot to the closest wall and large enough for the conduit to go in and be covered with a cement patch.

Don't you just hate it when you do all that good planning and everything is coming together and looking so good, and then some little glitch like that pops up?:huh: :( Like they say, "The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men :rolleyes:, but even with that glitch, it's STILL a Great Shop .:thumb::D

I think I would just have to get the
saw out with a masonry blade and cut me a shallow groove in the concrete
floor from that spot to the closest wall and large enough for the conduit to go
in and be covered with a cement patch.

By Jove Norm you have just made a decision for me. I am just like you.
I built a 12' tall room to have space to swing a board!
We gonna cut us a trench in that deck! :thumb:

hehehehehehehehe

Thanks.

DT

By Jove Norm you have just made a decision for me. I am just like you.
I built a 12' tall room to have space to swing a board!
We gonna cut us a trench in that deck! :thumb:

hehehehehehehehe

Thanks.

DT

Hey Don, looks like we kinda think alike on a lot of things. Maybe it comes from breathing that Florida AIR,:D, (since I breathed a year of it too in '73 & '74 when I lived in Sarasota).:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey Don, looks like we kinda think alike on a lot of things. Maybe it comes from breathing that Florida AIR,:D, (since I breathed a year of it too in '73 & '74 when I lived in Sarasota).:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I talked to my electrician friend today Norm. He has the equipment and knowledge to run that conduit "UNDER" the slab to the compressor room!!! (He can pick up the needed connections there.) :eek:
The outlets will then be flush with the floor enough to actually roll over them. (Capped outlets of course) It is so nice having a friend who takes his Master electricians exam in April. ;)

I got an estimate for over $3500 to put a skyhook in my building and decided to do without it at that expense. Mark is doing it for $1200! (materials included) :eek: The "I" Beams are already out there and he starts work on it Friday. It will go from the center of double doors to the back of the shop.

I have made some expensive mistakes but at last it is coming together.
:thumb:

DT

That's what friends are for; we give and we get back.

Well, I have to admit, when I went to Mac, I gave him my super duper PC and trimmings. :rofl:
It was a honey as far as a PC can be. I can't remember the last time any of us bought a
ready made machine. We built our own.

There are three of us and we try to keep the good stuff in the family. What goes around,
comes around. The great part about it is when one of us gives something up, we don't
give a thought to something in return. We think about which one of us would probably
get the greatest use out of an item.

This really works for us and there was no planning involved. Over the years our horse
trading just developed.

I think the most valuable thing I have are my friends.

DT