My First Finial

Stuart Ablett

Well at least it is my first finial on an ornament that is of a contrasting species of wood.

walnut_final3.JPG

I still got to figure this out, the way I did it took WAYYYY to long....... :doh:

The body is Maple, the finial is Walnut.

Cheers!

Cindy Drozda has an excellent DVD called elegant finials.

I just looked at her site and she has a new one called Finial Boxes. I plan on getting that one next.

STU!! This is great, man!

Your first and final Finnish finial is flawless. Finials can be so finicky until a fitting finish is found.

I think I hurt myself! :rofl:

Finally, I've foolishly found a Finnish finial on the "family" forum with a final finial finish I find fiendishly first class. Further, fine form, my furry friend.

Ya done good, Stu. :thumb:

Boy you guys are a real bunch of................

.....wordsmiths :D

I'll be doing some more of these, and I'll add the Cindy Drozda books/DVDs to my want list, but for now, anyone got a good online tutorial on these finicky, frustrating, fancy, flamboyant, flashy, fantastic, frivolously, fabled, featured, fine, five-star, faceted, flammable, fleet, flexible, flimsy, fracturing, fragmenting, frail, fragile, fluid, floral, forbidden, fore-mostly, famous, fashionable, favored, oft fearsome, but fundamentally fun, and forgiving, yet familiar finials..........? :D :wave: