Another New Member

Don Orr

Hi folks, My name is Don Orr and I just registered on this site. It was recommended to me by none other than Bill Grumbine when I saw him last weekend. Looks like a real nice site. I even recognize a lot of names that I have seen on other sites. I am mostly a turner but I do venture out into hand tools and flat work on occasion. I live in Upstate NY near Albany and am a member of the Northeastern Woodworkers Association, the Adirondack Woodturners Association, Mohawk Valley Woodturners, and the American Association of Woodturners. I am a Radiologic Technolgist by trade meaning I get to look inside people without cutting them open.

I look forward to getting to know the site and the people and will try to get a profile and avatar set up soon.

All the best,

Don

Welcome, Don:wave::wave:. I recognize your name from SMC.

We like LOTS of pictures in our family.

Don't you wish sometimes that you could look inside the wood without cutting it open, like you can with people?

Nancy (51 days)

Welcome Don,
OH....NO, another turner, hate turners because not one, but a wannee be.....................

I'll still put the coffee pot on

Thanks for the hearty welcome everyone! It's good to be here. Glad I finally found this place.

Nancy, I'm not real good at posting pics yet, but I'm working on it. And I have looked inside some pieces of wood before cutting into them. If I can find the pics I'll show you what I mean:eek::D

Don -

Welcome aboard!

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your imaging pics!

Small world that it is, I went to school with an Orr that ended up doing some ultrasound imaging work for a time. Not a Don, though.