What's going on this weekend?

Jeff Bower

I've seen and responded to similar threads on other forums....so I thought maybe I'd start something like it here (or has it been done before?)

I will be replacing the bearings on my lathe once again. I went cheap last time and will be upgrading to heavy duty ones tomorrow. Hope to get some lathe time tomorrow night.

Sunday the entire inlaw side of my family will be heading to my MIL's cabin on a forrest preserve about 40 miles south of Des Moines. She has power to the cabin, but no running water and a wood stove for heat. Best thing is no cell phone reception! Very remote but close to home at the same time. Good food, hikes and other fun will be had by all. I also hope to find some more turning wood...lots of sycamore, oak and elm down there!

What will all the rest of you be doing?

Jeff, don't work to hard with replacing the bearings.
And have a lot of fun next sunday.
I'm staying home, sometimes the best place in the world, home sweet home.
Have fun. :wave:

We'll be heading up to the Amish country looking for cabbage. We make our own sauerkraut and I got some real nice 5 & 6 lb heads there last year. I just didn't buy enough b/c we ran out of kraut way too soon.:D

I planning on stopping by the Ohio Pen Show on the way.

Intend to work on cabinets (3) tomorrow
Then Sunday going to watch the game titled "Game of the Century"

Colts 7-0 vs Patriots 8-0

Can you guess who I will be pulling for????????
:headbang:
:headbang:

Finally.........

LOML is out of town at a conference so I can put in as many hours as I want.

Working on installing my Grizz G0441 DC. Building a 2x4 wall segment, toggled to concrete block. A friend is coming over sunday to help hoist the motor/fan unit.

Pictures will follow next week. LOML is out of town with camera.

I am also about ready to finish a table that was started earlier this year.. more pictures about that also.

Work Saturday, as usual, and then on Sunday our local turning club is having a meeting. The subject of the meeting is how to replace the bearings on your lathe (no kidding, here is a link <- in Japanese, but it has pics!).

I'm going to sell some of my clamps I import and a guy from the countryside (Gifu) is coming, and he, apparently, has GREAT turning stock that he brings to sell, at real good prices!

Cheers!

Work Saturday, as usual, and then on Sunday our local turning club is having a meeting. The subject of the meeting is how to replace the bearings on your lathe (no kidding, here is a link <- in Japanese, but it has pics!).

I'm going to sell some of my clamps I import and a guy from the countryside (Gifu) is coming, and he, apparently, has GREAT turning stock that he brings to sell, at real good prices!

Cheers!

Stu, I'll post some pics hopefully before your meeting to add to the discussion.:rofl::rofl: Hope you get some nice/cheap turning stock, maybe some more maple.;)

I'm building a ceiling mount for the TS overhead dust collection system. I will try my hand at welding this weekend. I have my Dad's old stick welder. Hope I don't blow out the thin pipe I need to weld a bolt to. The height adjusting mechanism is being patterned after the locking device on the Ridgid flip top. It's just that the steel pipe HD and Lowes has is only half as thick walled as the flip top uses. I'll post pictures if it works. If not, I may go get another flip top and take it apart to use it's parts.:wave: Jim.

Boiler Install

I've got my brother in law coming over and hopefully this weekend we can get my boiler in. Its quite involved because its hooking up a radiant floor heating system and doing my domestic hot water as well. I am not sure what all it entails, but I am thinking a lot of copper pipes, pex pipes and stainless steel pipes to get everything to jive up.

Its about time I guess. Its getting down to the mid twenties and for the past several nights I have been starting small electric space heaters in the laundry room and bathroom to keep the water from freezing out in my new addition. Water tends to get pretty hard when it gets below 32º. :)

I have three more cabinets to hang this weekend.
Once that is done I can put things away and unload all the flat surfaces.

And then.... FINALLY, I might be able to get some work done. :thumb:

DT

I've got my brother in law coming over and hopefully this weekend we can get my boiler in.

IF your lucks like mine, Travis. Your gonna need more than a weekend :D

Tomorrow morning finish cleaning up the mess in the shop, run parts. Need some 4 inch flex to hook up the stacks on the 1 ton, have to pick up some stake pockets, need half of a love joy coupler. Pick up the rings for the log splitter engine, need 3 2.5 inch muffler clamps, two 4 inch band clamps, and need some flat bar to make the brackets to attach the bed to the truck, two mud flaps better make that 4 and 2 4 inch red sealed beam lights. that should take till noon or so.

At noon a gentleman is coming and we are sawing a maple log for him. Get that out of the way and I'm going to try and get the bed installed on the 1 ton and get the exhaust hooked up. If I'm lucky I get to the lights and the reese hitch, hmm come to think of it I need some 5/8 grade 8 bolts. Put the dash back in it and at the point while not pretty it will be drivable. After the sun sets I need to reassemble my 11 HP brigs IC and get it back on the log splitter.

Sunday, I'll do all the stuff I didn't get done Saturday :rofl:
Plus I have to watch the race. sooner or later JR has to finish one, Maybe I'll get lucky and the 24 and the 48 will slip and let Clint boywer close up the championship some :headbang:

Lots of 'round the house chores, lots of work-related stuff, and in the spare moments between it all I need to finish up a few things for an art show I'm doing next weekend.

Frank, you're gonna have to start building up pretty soon. You're about to run out of horizontal space. :p

An e-friend, who lives in Missouri, from a pen turning forum, is taking a weekend ride with his wife to view the autumn colors. Part of the trip will involve him stopping by my house to drop off some Osage Orange wood for me. I'm highly hopeful, a guy who looked at my tractor yesterday will come by with his trailer and a check and buy it. Won't take me long to convert that red tractor into a green lathe if he does. ;) A local antique shop is having some kind of olde timey day. My wife has been busy making herself a, very fancy, Victorian style dress to wear there. Local folks are sure we are beyond eclectic and eccentric and are over the edge. That's just fine with me. While they are grouchy faced and pointing fingers, we are having fun. In the evening, I'll vegetate in front of the tube watching University of Arkansas play football. Tomorrow, our usual routine of church then visit friends.

Prime and paint the wall I re-boarded after running the new sub-panel. If I get that done and some cleats hung, I'll call it a good weekend. The opposite wall needs to be done as well as far as paint BUT, I need to make a couple nitestands or something soon or I'll go nuts so its gonna wait. ;-)