Nice Deal on Bridge City Miter Square if anyone's interested

Doug Shepard

In Memorium
Got a BCT email flyer today with a real sweet discount offer. I already have one of these (and it's 22.5° cousin) from fleaBay. No affiliation, just thought I'd pass along the info.

Attachments

• MS1.jpg
    MS1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 38
Seems like a good deal but in the long run I think it won't look so good. Here is my reasoning - If I were to buy the square it would sit in my shop haunting me to buy more tools. I have this said weakness for nice looking tools, this is the reason I have stayed away from Bridge City products. Once one of them makes it into my shop I will feel compelled to buy more. I've heard nothing but nice things from BCT but they come at a premium (to me) price.

I posted a question on a couple of other forums regarding the BCTW shoulder plane and the response was fairly uniform (maybe correct too) that these were more "show" tools rather than real tools. But I am still curious why there aren't any reviews on their planes? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range (not to mention skill level) but there are a lot of other high end, very expensive infills out there and they are highly regarded. Why are there no such reviews for BCTW planes?

Bob

... Why are there no such reviews for BCTW planes?

Bob

Good question. I don't recall seeing any either. Other than a very small trim plane that I just picked up a few months ago (courtesy of Mr.Henderson), I don't have any of their planes. Initial inprressions of it are very good, and it certainly will be used and not put on a shelf. I've just been occupied with the DC install project and haven't had an opportunity to fully put it to use and provide a review (same goes with the Festool items I bought from you last month too).