The Blonde Guy Does Some Flatwork

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
This barely qualifies as flatwork, but at least I did use the table saw and router table. And I actually had to measure stuff. Oh, the horrors! :eek:

The sign was done by Pete Simmons (discussed in this thread), and I finally cleared off the table saw so I could make some cherry molding for a frame.

Sign From Pete 01 - 800.jpg

It's nice to know that after quite a while of being used as a finishing table (with an appropriate cover)for bowls and hollow forms, the ol' saw can still cut a decent miter.

Sign From Pete 02 - 800.jpg

Thanks again to Pete for the great sign...it'll get a test run next weekend. ;)

Very Nice

Very nice! I knew you would do something like that to make it look great.

I still like my magnet setup to hold it to a craft show table.

Very nice work Vaughn but I coulda swore that blonde was leaning towards grey. Musta been the black and white pic :rofl:. Great looking frame.

Great job Vaughn! I like the sign, the frame and your logo, everything matches perfectly.
The background helps as well, how did you manage to hold the sign straight between the two trees?:D

BTW I'd love to see one of the wooden frisbees that you used to design the logo:rofl:

...The background helps as well, how did you manage to hold the sign straight between the two trees?:D...
I got lucky. We've got several large pine trees in the back yard, and this one has a fork at the right height for the picture. The sign just happened to fit and stay in place the first try.

Oh, and Glenn...Once a blonde guy, always a blonde guy, no matter how gray the edges might get. (And it's still just the edges so far.) :rofl:

I guess blonde is a state of mind, not just a hair color eh? :D

Great looking sign, I wonder how many people seeing you wonderful turnings will ask who made the sign for you :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was going to say, about the tablesaw, that I use mine most every day......... with the appropriate cover on it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: