Rob's New Shop

Hey all. Haven't posted much for the last couple of days. Brought my boy Sam home from the hospital today so things should start to get back to normal soon. They were supposed to pour the slab today but it got pushed off to Monday. I'll post some pictures later tonight but it really hasn't changed much the last pics. The forms are done and the guys have been working on the plumbing & electrical runs. I do have a question for y'all:

I am thinking about going ahead and putting a stairway outside of the shop up to the attic. It'll be across the back. What I was going to do is to put a closet under the stairway for DC and air compressor. I currently have a 1 1/2 HP Delta DC and a pancake compressor but I want to leave enough space for a cyclone and a large compressor. How would you lay out this closet? Would you put the two together or separate them? How much space would you allot for each? Length, width and height. I know I could do some research on the manufacturer sites for dimensions but I'm hoping I can get some general thoughts here.

WOW! i totally missed your boy:eek: ......congratulations rob!.....you`re right to not sweat the lawn....somebody from framers/roofers/siders or masons will trash it....as far as a closet goes 36" deap by 36" wide for each piece by 7ft+ height (depends on your d/c) probably 8ft for a small cyclone....on second thought go 42" wide and use off the shelf 3ft doors, one for each hole...tod

Good to see things are moving along nicely on the shop project, but more importantly, bigtime CONGRATS on the new son.

I'll bet you made the concrete guy's day when you didn't blow up about the lawn. Sounds like he was braced for a thrashing, and you didn't deliver what he was anticipating. ;)

Congrats

:congrats: :b-day: Now you have to share that space with the son... OH that means you can make the meeting on monday???:rofl:

Today they poured the slab.

img_0509.jpg

This pic shows how the slab sits up a few inches from the driveway to help keep water away. The "ramp" isn't as steep as it looks in the photo.

img_0511.jpg

Framing starts Wednesday.

They did start framing yesterday but the rain drove them away. All they got done was the sill plates. Today was a big day. Enjoy the pics:

img_0603.jpg

img_0610.jpg

img_0613.jpg

img_0619.jpg

img_0620.jpg

img_0631.jpg

Still a few trusses to go & then the plywood sheathing. They'll also do the attic floor. Hopefully by the end of next week it'll be ready to move in.

Boy, they sure milked that framing job. What did they stretch it out to...about three hours? Buncha slackers! :rofl:

Looks like you had a crew who knew how to get on with it. Must be cool seeing it go from slab to skeleton in a day like that. :thumb:

Vaughn, you're not that far off. The first picture was taken at 8:54am. The fourth one (completed walls, no trusses) was taken at 12:14pm. The last one was taken at 4:43pm. There were three guys & it didn't look like they were working fast but they must have been efficient because they were gettin' it done. It was fun to watch. If it were June, I'd probably be moving in tomorrow. :D

Looks really nice! You are going to have a ton of attic space. I'm assuming it's going to be for storage. Did they design the trusses to carry a reasonable amount of weight.

Doug

Looks really nice! You are going to have a ton of attic space. I'm assuming it's going to be for storage. Did they design the trusses to carry a reasonable amount of weight.

Yeah, it's for storage. It'll be about 12'x36' up there. About 8' high in the center. I'm probably going to put a set of stairs outside the back wall with a DC closet underneath.

Wednesday, December 20th.

Windows are in and siding has begun:

img_0697.jpg

There were some issues with getting the correct siding but I won't bore you with the details. Let's just say it was a good thing I was there when the deliveries came. We ended up with an exact match to the house which is all that counts.