embarrassing PC8529 question

My PC8529 plunge router, 2.25 HP, has been on the table so long that I don't remember if a part for mine is broken or not.

The part in question is the clear, round plastic bit that helps seal up the air flow channel for when you have a shop vac hooked up to the router base. I think it might be part # 170 looking at the parts diagram; mine is imprinted with 887442.

Are there supposed to be tabs sticking down from the larger OD circular part (using down with reference to the smaller OD circular part pointing up) or is the bottom of that larger OD ring supposed to be smooth (like mine is)? Have I been thinking that I had broken this part somehow when all I need to do is get the container with all the router-related screws in it and find the right screw to hold the part in place?

The embarrassing part of this is not so much that I don't know whether I broke the part or not, but that Ned and I painted the ends of a bunch of stinky ash bowl blanks yesterday - I carefully placed a big trash bag over the router table surface prior to painting, but not I can't get the router out of the table to investigate without moving all those pieces of ash around. I don't want to do that until I know where the ask will live, as I just got the shop reasonably organized.

Thanks!