Mike Madano did it!

Jim O'Dell

Well, it didn't happen quickly this season, but he finally capped it off this evening in the first period, and is now the highest scoring US born hockey player in history. He needed 2 points, but scored 2 goals instead!
And major Kudos to the San Jose crowd. They are true hockey fans, giving Mike a standing ovation after the announcement of him tying the record after the first goal, and a nice applause if not another standing O after the second. Great sportsmen and women! Jim.

Good for him!

At 1233 points he only has 1624 points to catch Wayne :D :thumb:
22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png

That makes him 35th on the all time scoring list. :clap:

Of course he played 3 or 4 years in the WHL, where he had nearly 300 points, if you added those to his tally, he would be one point off 12th on the list, but he would still have 11 Canadian ahead of him :D

(sorry, not much to brag about, but Ice Hockey is one thing we do well!)

Good for him!

At 1233 points he only has 1624 points to catch Wayne :D :thumb:
22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png

That makes him 35th on the all time scoring list. :clap:

Of course he played 3 or 4 years in the WHL, where he had nearly 300 points, if you added those to his tally, he would be one point off 12th on the list, but he would still have 11 Canadian ahead of him :D

(sorry, not much to brag about, but Ice Hockey is one thing we do well!)

True, but it's not bad for a pretty boy south of the border! :D Jim.

There oughta be a rule that you need to play at least one game outside without any ice technology other then a Zamboni in order to have an NHL franchise.

How are the Sabres doing this year anyhow?

(Hehe, hockey is one of the few sports that has any interest to me for watching - I've had a couple fun times going to games, but, alas, am not a regular fan. Growing up between Buffalo and Rochester, NY during the "Anderchuk, Hauerchuk, everywhere a chuk-chuk" years means that I'm a Sabres fan when I am a fan.)