The Dog is in the house!

Bruce Page

I ordered some toyls last Saturday night. A new PC 7518 3¼ hp router, a Bench Dog 40-016 ProLift and the Bench Dog 40-031 ProMax cast iron extension table to mount it all to my Unisaw. I received the 7518 & extension wing on Wednesday and the Pro-Lift Yesterday, - I love Amazon. ;)
I started putting it together last night. I am really impressed with Benchdog’s attention to fit & finish, this stuff is gorgeous.
I did have a problem getting the Pro-Lift perfectly flush with the wing. I must’ve messed with it for 3 hours trying to get it adjusted right and I would always have one corner too high by 5 or 6 thousandths. To attached the Pro-Lift, Benchdog uses two screws in opposing corners (pic 1). It was always one of the other corners that would be high. So with my patience running thin, I threw the Pro-Lift up on my mill and punched in two more holes (pic 2). With screws now in each corner I was able to get it dead-nuts level in a few minutes. :thumb:

It would be nice to have a Norm type router table but I think this setup is going to be a nice addition to my shop without taking up anymore precious real-estate.

Attachments

• Benchdog-mod-1.jpg
    Benchdog-mod-1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Benchdog-mod-2.jpg
    Benchdog-mod-2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Benchdog-mod-3.jpg
    Benchdog-mod-3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Benchdog-4.jpg
    Benchdog-4.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Benchdog-5a.jpg
    Benchdog-5a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 39
What:dunno:? Ya couldn't just mill up your own lift from Sandia Lab scraps and features that nobody else has? Must be busy with other stuff. I guess this will have to do until you can get your own done.:D

well its good thing

that ya didnt get rid of that boat anchor bruce,, looks like she came handy one more time. it goes without mentioneing that anything you have is dead nuts on or else:rofl: that why you send off rockets for a job. cant be missin yur target with things.. looks good bruce and bet you gonna like.