maddening pop-ups, computer help needed

Frank - Chris is very likely right. If their website is as invasive and disruptive as Itunes is on my computer everytime my wife upgrades it then that is very probably where you picked your problem up from.:)

Hi Ian,

Actually, I was suggesting that Frank consider a Mac... While iTunes software can be persistent, it's nowhere near the issue. Frank has some nasty bugs inside his machine. These bugs can only be found in PCs running Windows. After using PCs running either CMP (holy crap I gave away my age), DOS or Windows for over 25 years I switched to a MacBook last April. It was the best computing decision I ever made. Everything they say about Apple products on the commercials is true...

I just check on these threads every once in a while to see what is up in the Windows World. I see that things have not changed. Kind of like the beaten wife syndrome I suppose.

Frank,

I can understand not wanting to go to Mac due to the cost. If you want to end your problems you might want to consider getting a good Linux distro and install it as a dual boot to give it a try. They are very easy for desktop users now. I happen to really like Mandriva. Have been using it for years. Your problems will be over.

Good Luck! Allen