Staple Remover?

Kerry Burton

Did I ever mention that I mostly turn small stuff?

Last year my wife got tired of breaking her fingernails while removing staples from little packages of "stuff". Beads, stickers, crafting tools, you name it. She asked if I could make something that would help. She even gestured and verbalized an off-the-cuff "design" for what she wanted.

In one of my rare "I can do that ... golly, I can even do that NOW!" moments, I went down to the workshop and emerged triumphantly not TOO long :doh: afterwards:

A520_0045_StapleRemover_1.jpg

A520_0046_StapleRemover_2.jpg

The handle is (IIRC) a piece of apple limb. The shaft is a piece of steel rod from Home Depot that I cut to length, pounded with a hammer, and filed/sanded "to shape" and smooth.

She loved it! "It's so cute." (Awwww, shucks.
icon_redface.gif
Twern't nuthin'....)

[Apologies if I've posted pictures of this little guy before... :dunno:]

Wonderful!

Sometimes it's not to difficult to make the little woman happy.
She will think of you everytime she uses it. :thumb:

DT

Cool idea, and nicely done, Kerry. I may just have to see if LOML is interested in something similar.

Don't forget - it was HER idea.
kiss3.gif

I showed this thread to my wife, and she said, "I use that tool every day. Why, I pulled 5 staples with it just today. No, 6." Oh yeah, and she said, "It's so cute!"
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif

=================

Not that you'd need the help, but I took a couple more photos just now. (I thought the originals made the "business end" look like it was flat underneath....)

A540_0482_StapleRemover_3.jpg

A540_0484_StapleRemover_4.jpg

I'm with ya, Art ... but you can't deny that a standard staple remover is more scary-looking than cute. :rofl:

180px-SCEhardt_Staple_Remover.jpg

I dunno ... my wife tends to keep the cardboard backing from blister packs and such. (It helps her know what to buy when she runs out of something.) I know there was something "unsatisfactory" about a standard staple remover ... perhaps it destroyed the cardboard backing too much or something? (She likes to keep everything "neat".) :dunno:

EDIT: It might help to know that she first uses the tool from the BACK of a blister pack. She straightens out the individual tines (correct term?) of each staple before removing it from the front.

Last edited: