Craigs list + Scams

I've got a few things on cragslist for sale right now. I have gotten several contacts from scammers wanting to buy from me.

The emails are almost painful to read. LEt me quote you a few lines

> Hi,if this auction for your item

Auction? It's craigs list not Eabay

>with all these features,
>then have got to
> ask you this before i can proceed.Actually ,i like your item so much and am
> interested in buying it,but i want to be sure all parts and features are in
> good working condition.
>If not please let me know where or which exactly is
> not functioning.Also is there a minimum price for this item?If so i`ll
> gladly appreciate it.Please let me hear from you as soon as you can. Also
> is the item also taxed,if so,until when and What groups insurance is it?

It's a wooden bowl. What features would it have? what wouldn't work? You have to wonder if the even read the add, or just hit the reply button and copy and paste in a standard reply.

Some of them go on about how their shipper will pick it up. WOW you have your own shipper?

The Christmas season is coming guys be on your toes. The scam artists will be out in force trying to get your anything you may put up for sale and sticking you with a bad check or money order in the process.

It looks and sounds like a Cut & Paste that they send out to all craig listers for bait and hook.....................................sucker

The last one I got the guy wanted to send me a check with some extra to cover my expenses. He needed my address and phone number. I told him my name was Grover Cleveland and I lived at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I also gave him the phone number to FBI headquarters in DC. I never heard back. :dunno: