Painting my house DONE!! Well almost.

Jeff Horton

Well I would have finished up yesterday but we had a freak rain storm come up. Any rain is freaky for us the past 3 years! But the drought is another story. I should finish up the last couple of windows and the garage doors Saturday no problem! Garage doors will be brown. Between the house color and the shingles above them.

I do want to stain the stucco on the porch and foundation. But that may have to wait till spring.

house-painted1.jpg house-painted2.jpg house-painted3.jpg

Yup. Love this time of the year. Temps are finally cooling off, the grass is brown (no mowing) and the leave are colorful. Well for us anyway.

I was thinking about putting out winter rye on the yard but the thoughts of mowing in the winter............:doh:

That's looking great, Jeff.

Out here in sunny SoCal, our lawn only gets mowed 52 times a year. Every Tuesday. Best $20 a week I spend. ;) The crew can do in about 45 minutes what would take me 3 hours.

Congrats, Jeff...:thumb: Must be nice to have such a clear area around your house for ladders etc. I have to fight with trees, bushes, Rhodies etc. in painting mine.

My land mowing solution cost only $1,200 (plus gas/maintenance) and cuts at least 45~50 times a year.

The house really looks nice, and the garage doors will really stand out when you're done.

:clap:

Goooooood Job, Maynard!:thumb: er..........Jeff.:D Seriously, it really looks nice and the garage doors when finished will even add to the good looks. The stucco stain will really top it off too.

Talking about rye grass, I remember a long time ago a family friend used to sew some type of rye grass for the winter, (don't remember the name of it), but it was a single stem and would only grow about 3 1/2 inches tall and never needed mowing. He said it was to mainly protect the normal turf, and it looked pretty neat since he had the only green lawn around there. He didn't sew it real thick either.