Heading for Akron

Bill Grumbine

Greetings all

The last demo of the year is upon me. I am packing up for a two day gig in Akron OH. Is anyone here from there or around there? If so, if you have any interest in meeting up for some coffee and stories, I would be glad to do so. One of the big perks of this kind of job is getting to meet all the people along the way.

Bill

Hi Bill. I am "from around Akron", but had the good sense to leave in 1979. I was born, educated, and worked in Akron for nearly 39 years. It is a good place to be FROM. The last time I visited, it had changed so much, I had a hard time finding my way around town.

Hope you enjoy your stay in the EX rubber capital.

Greetings all

The last demo of the year is upon me. I am packing up for a two day gig in Akron OH. Is anyone here from there or around there? If so, if you have any interest in meeting up for some coffee and stories, I would be glad to do so. One of the big perks of this kind of job is getting to meet all the people along the way.

Bill

Bill,
I'm about forty miles East of Akron. If you're coming across I-80, you'll pass within a mile of my house. If you're using the turnpike, maybe three miles.

Mida and I would love to meet you for coffee, dinner, etc. - either as you pass through this area, or somewhere in Akron. Let me know.

I've also emailed you regarding this.

hey jim ya better go to your atm machine and get a loan:eek: big bill grumbine eats alooot.....:rofl: and the nearby resturant will have to closse for a day after he leaves to restock.... ok i will backoff now bill jim you gonna like the guy real well,, hes way better than his picture shows:rofl:

hey jim ya better go to your atm machine and get a loan:eek: big bill grumbine eats alooot.....:rofl: and the nearby resturant will have to closse for a day after he leaves to restock.... ok i will backoff now bill jim you gonna like the guy real well,, hes way better than his picture shows:rofl:

The wife's doing some baking for him right now! Hope he likes Paula Deen's lemon bars. If not, then there'll be more for me!

Bill and I have already met. Mida and I have been to 'Five Barns' the past two years, and have greatly enjoyed Bill and Lisa's hospitality. Now, we'll enjoy returning the favor. Only regret is that Lisa won't be with him.

Well,
I managed to make it to Bill's demo in Akron and boy am I glad I did!!!! The demo was great and I wish I could have stayed for the second "hands on" session on Sunday. Bill was even more entertaining than I expected. I learned quite a bit from watching him in person, even after watching his first video (that is fantastic by the way).

Doug Thompson showed up with a few tools before lunch. After reading all of the great feedback from many turners on the net, I splurged on a few 3/8" spindle gouges and a 5/8" bowl gouge. Bill G's second video also followed me home (but that was expected). Needless to say, I was getting down to the lint in my pocket and had just enough to pay the tolls to get home.

All in all it was a great day!!!!!

Thanks Bill and thanks BWT,
Dick