New Grandpa

Steve Ash

Well at long last the time is here.....I am now a Grandpa.

Lacey and my son went to the hospital this morning and then called me about 8:30 a.m. with the news that they were going to induce labor, so the Mrs. and I went up to the hospital along with Lacey's family and waited for the newborn to arrive.

About 12 hours later it was decided that the baby needed to come caeserean section.......some complications were involved so it was necessary to get the baby here and relieve some of the stress.

My son and Lacey this morning....

P1000010.jpg

.....and our new grandson Aiden Michael, he was born at 8:30 p.m. He weighs 6 lbs. 15 oz. and is 19 1/2 inches long.

P1000014.jpg

Mom and baby Aiden are doing fine and resting when we left the hospital.

Well GRAMPS, Congratulations to ALL. That's a FINE looking Lil Feller.:thumb: Now when are you going to start the Restoration on HIS John Deere?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You know what, I'm going to have to get on a 12 step plan about this woodworking thing........:doh:

I was looking at the pic of your son and his lovely wife, and I saw the chair that your son is sitting on and I thought "Nice chair, I wonder who made that........? :rolleyes:"

I tell you, it is a sickness.......

BTW, I seem to remember it was NOT very long ago you were showing us pics of your son's new bachelor pad.....:D

Aiden, great name, do you know the history behind it?

The boy's and girl's name Aidan 'a(i)-dan' is pronounced AY-den. It is of Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "fire". Anglicized form of the ancient Gaelic name Aedan, a pet form of Aed. Name of a bishop of Ferns (seventh century) who was noted for his kindness and generosity. Saint Aidan (Ireland, seventh century) established the monastery of Lindisfarne, one of the great centers of learning of its time.

Sounds like a good name for the little fella! :thumb:

Dang, one day short of happening on LOML's and my anniversary.

Glad everything went OK and Lacey and Aiden are doing well. :thumb:

How's Grandpa & Grandma holding up? Did you ever think you'd be married to a Grandmother???? :rofl:

Say Hi to Steve and Lacey for us. :wave:

How's Uncle Chris doing?

Karl

Well I couldn't sleep much last night, more excited than at christmas.

I did get Aiden his own tractor, we'll see how he does with this before I get him on to something with horsepower:D

15869_JOHN_DEERE_A_UNSTYLED.jpg

Steve Jr. and I have been building Aidens crib in our spare time, next step is to go over to Mr. Merlaus and get some mortises cut into the bed rails for spindles....I don't have a mortiser....yet! Might be a good excu....err I mean reason to buy one.

Karl, I told Judy last night I guess from now on I'd be sleeping with a "Granny"......I think I'm in trubble for that remark:rofl: Uncle Chris is amazed or in shock.....he just stood at the viewing window and was speechless....Chris is NEVERspeechless.

I'll take some better pics and post them here later on today....gotta get one of Aiden in his new John Deere hat, bet you can guess where he got that?

Greg.....nice pic of gramps:eek:.....I will get even with Larry for taking it.

Congratulations Steve and the entire Ash family. Watch it, Steve--you're in for quite a ride with that little one. Do you have him spoiled yet???

Nancy (36 days)