help for steve

As of the time of this posting, the donations for Steve's shop is:

$2,741.64..!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far. Holiday blessings to each of you.

Mark, to help settle your mind....one person donated their entire PayPal balance and the 64¢ was the fratctional part of the now empty PayPal account of the account owner. :D

As of the time of this posting, the donations for Steve's shop is:

$2,741.64..!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far. Holiday blessings to each of you.

Mark, to help settle your mind....one person donated their entire PayPal balance and the 64¢ was the fratctional part of the now empty PayPal account of the account owner. :D

Well, HOORAY to that person and to all the rest. :D :D :D :D :D

I've just sat back in awe of this whole thing...thanks much to Dennis for being the point man and well done to the woodworking community for pitching in. :clap:

I know Steve and his crew are probably freezing getting this shop back in order.....but I'm kinda getting a warm fuzzy feeling when I read through this thread and see everyone steppin up to the plate.......Way to go everyone and again a big Thanks to Dennis for headin this up.

Clardy, I've been pretty quiet about your plight.......so far, but I can't hold back any longer. :type:

I was saddened when I first read of your shop roof caving in. As has been said, thankfully it happened at a time when you were not in the building. :thumb: I can fully understand your looking at the devastation that morning and crying. I know how I'd feel and I don't make a living from my tools [I'd be a lot skinny'er if I did:eek: :D ]. I'd probably still be drinking as a matter of fact.

That you have your family to help is a testament to you and who you are as a person. I am in total awe of the combined families of FWW & SMC also. As the Ashman said "It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling" also.

Dennis, we all thank you for taking of your time to head up this most worthy endeavor. :clap:

Steve, your perserverance with the shop and then the acrobatics with the truck and trailer would certainly be enough to have one pondering as to whether that black cloud is going to go away or not. From your last pictures I can see that beautiful blue sky. I hope you can get that shop enclosed to avoid any more damage.

I will end this diatribe by saying that if I could I'd be there in a heartbeat to help in anyway I could to get you back in business, as would a whole bunch of other folks at FWW and SMC I'm sure.

Looking forward to your making sawdust very soon. :thumb:

Karl

P.S. I'm going to post this over at SMC also.

Thanks ALL :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I appreciate everything.

Had a great day. Didn't freeze too bad. Temp was up to around 50.

Supposed to be a high of 27 tomorrow though:(

OK....I'm starting to get the snail-mail checks in. I won't post another total until Friday evening of this week so I can have some time to add things up for a current status by that time.

Thanks for your patience and THANK YOU for your kind and generous donations.:D

Clardy, glad your wife snapped that picture of you. It looks like at least a bit of weight has been lifted off your shoulders with the trusses done. :clap:

Now on to the sheeting and thankfully good weather to get your shop closed in.

Things are beginning to look up I think and it shouldn't be long before you can get back to WW'ing.

Karl

Total so far: $3,348.64

PayPal Fees Charged: ($104.56)

Total Net Donations to date: $3,244.08

I know that more are coming in the next few days, so I will update you once again as I get more donations.

Donations were received from several different forums as well as some that aren't a member of any forum, but heard about Steve's trouble and just wanted to help.

Thanks once again to ALL of You for the donations to help Steve Clardy.!!!!!

That's great news, and an impressive display of how folks can come together to help. Thanks again Dennis for spearheading the collection, and to everyone else who helped. :thumb:

It is nice to know that a group of people can all pull together to help out someone who is in need. Like I said before it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

A tip o' my hat to all who pitched in to help, and a extra tip to Dennis for taking his time for this worthy cause.

Good Morning. Here's the newest total I have:

Total so far: $3,403.64

Still got a little more coming via snail mail and I will update again later this week. As of right now, I will transfer the money to my personal bank account, cut a cashier's check to Steve and send it to him via Priority Mail. I want to be able to send him a check by no later than this coming Saturday.

Thanks again for everyone's willingness to jump in and donate for a friend and fellow woodworker. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dennis.
I'm still having a hard time believing all of this is happening.

If anyone needs anything from me, just let me know:thumb: