Commissioned ornaments

Here are two ornaments that I was commissioned to do. My first. Both were done on the outside with just a skew. The inside was hollowed with a hollowing tools I made from a allen wrenches. I made a straight one and one is 90*. They work pretty slick. Finished with 4 coats of lacquer. She liked the first ones I displayed at the Arts Council but were sold when she went back to buy them so she called and I made these for her. The left is ash and walnut done in 3 pieces. The other is maple and is a one piece design.

Attachments

• Christmas Ornaments 11.jpg
    Christmas Ornaments 11.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Christmas Ornaments 12.jpg
    Christmas Ornaments 12.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 42
Those are all fabulous.

There's no way I'm letting my sweetheart see those .... I have too many projects now:).

cheers eh?

Thanks for the comments. Stu the LOML did the artwork. Pretty simple but effective.

Jerry those are just to cool. I am going to start experimenting with some different ideas that I have but right now to close to Christmas to do that now.

Ed I will get some pictures as soon as I can. I just bought a cheap set of allen wrenches cut them down to the size I wanted with a grinder, put a small handle on, sharpened them and started turning. They need sharpened a little more ofter but do work nice.