Burned Cherry

Mark Cothren

I got a few pieces of Black Cherry from the woodpile of some folks at church. It had been there a few years. The sapwood was all shot, but the heartwood was still nice and hard as a rock.

This bowl ended up 9" wide and 5" tall with the foot.

Comments/critiques/suggestions/opinions welcomed.

PMC495_CherryBurnedBowl01.jpg

PMC495_CherryBurnedBowl02.jpg

PMC495_CherryBurnedBowl03.jpg

I keep telling you if you sand too hard you're gonna burn the wood. :rofl:

I like it a lot, Mark. The texture and contrast really set it off, and the exaggerated foot works great.

Wow that is just sweet good job man. I don't turn yet I mould but hopefully soon I will turn. And I hope what I attempt to turn turns out half as good at least as that bowl. agian awsome man awsome!:thumb:

Beautiful work Mark! Love the contrast between the inside natural color and the exterior burned area. Great form - reminds me of an ancient Greek bowl. Looks like it must have taken you a few minutes to burn the pattern - what did you use for a finish? Very nice work! Your folder in 'My Favorites' section is getting rather large!!!

Mark...the contrast between the inside and outside of that bowl is gorgeous! Nicely done Sir! I like everything about it.

Mark, some great piece you have posted. I love them, but like Nancy said, I could comment and critique them if they were closer. Say in hand?:clap: