Alyson and Woodworking: Its a Start!

Well it was sad to say the least, installing these little ugly child protective devices on my custom kitchen cabinets was really not what I wanted to do, but when Alyson grabbed a butcher's knife out of the drawer the other day I knew something had to be done. So as I installed them, Alyson (on her own free will) kept trying to take the screwdriver and "help" daddy. She had enough knowledge to put the screwdriver up against the screw...not a babd start for a 16 month old!!

daddy_s_helper-small.JPG

Travis, great pic. My daughter has started referring to my shop...err garage as "daddy's". Snowing for first time here today, so it will quickly become "mommy's" for parking...gotta do some cleaning.:doh:

Travis,

That's a great picture! :thumb:

The little ones are sponges ready to absorb anything they see or hear.

When my son (2, almost 3 years old) plays with his toy tools and the scraps of wood that I have given him, he pretents to put on his shop apron, hearing protectors, he starts up his pretend dust collector, and reaches under his toy tool bench to flip the switch to turn on his pretend table saw. I get a big kick out of him.

I had the same feelings about installing the locks on our new cabinets. I installed one and went to do the next and Austin(1) walked over opened the door to the lock looked in at it reached in and unlocked it opened the door. I looked at my wife took it off and threw them away.:bang: ended up with the ones that go around the knobs but the little **** took them off too.... but I found out if we put one of the medium binder clips over the lock he couldn't open them