Steel City 18" Band Saws

Does anyone own or seen any negative reviews on them. I'm about ready
to pull the triger on one. Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Les :wave:

I LOVE mine. It's a real work horse.

Here are some real close-ups I took for another forum
when Steel City was just coming on the market.

Hope this helps.

(Change pages at the top of each page)
http://dontee.sistmllc.com/bandsaw/index.html

DT

Last edited:
Thanks Don your close-ups didn't show up but thanks any way. Are the adjustment to the lower guides hard to get at? I hear that the Delta, and the Jets are. Most guys said that when they moved the upper guide the lower one needed to be readjusted, and it was a real pain. I'm guessing most 18" saws are that close to the table? Anyway I needed a better one for the hp, and resawing. By the way I placed the order yesterday afternoon, thanks for your reply.

Les

Don your photos showed up now. I see that the guides are close to the table as other 18" saws. Looks like it can't be helped.

Last edited:
Thanks Don your close-ups didn't show up but thanks any way. Are the adjustment to the lower guides hard to get at? I hear that the Delta, and the Jets are. Most guys said that when they moved the upper guide the lower one needed to be readjusted, and it was a real pain. I'm guessing most 18" saws are that close to the table? Anyway I needed a better one for the hp, and resawing. By the way I placed the order yesterday afternoon, thanks for your reply.

Les

Don your photos showed up now. I see that the guides are close to the table as other 18" saws. Looks like it can't be helped.

Most band saws are a challenge at first to set up properly. It's just the nature of the beast.
Once you get the hang of it, it becomes just another saw to change the blade on. ;)

Here is the manual. You can download it and take a look.

http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/productmanuals.cfm?section=2

DT

Hi Don
You have been such a good sport in answering all my questions that I hate to
ask you for one more. I started to make a mobile base for it. I see in the machine specifications that the footprint for the base is18"x28 1/2". I'm wondering how close
they where? I don't want tight fit nor do I want a real sloppy one. I know it sounds
like I'm putting the cart in front of the horse, but when they deliver it I want to be able to off load it from the truck to the base since they will help me unload it.
THANK AGAIN!!!!

Les

Hi Don
You have been such a good sport in answering all my questions that I hate to
ask you for one more. I started to make a mobile base for it. I see in the machine specifications that the footprint for the base is18"x28 1/2". I'm wondering how close
they where? I don't want tight fit nor do I want a real sloppy one. I know it sounds
like I'm putting the cart in front of the horse, but when they deliver it I want to be able to off load it from the truck to the base since they will help me unload it.
THANK AGAIN!!!!

Les

Hi Les,
No problem, questions are what the family is all about. ;)

The base is 17-3/4" X 28-1/2" and comes bolted to a pallet.

I put mine on the ShopFox base and it fit perfectly. I can't move as many things like that as I use to but I moved that bandsaw around the table saw island to the other side of the room last night. It works good.

image63.jpg

DT