ca glue source

Where do you get your ca glue. I will be making a few pens for my daughter's teachers as Christmas gifts and need some ca glue.

Another question. I have been gluing the tubes into the blanks (both wood and acrylic) with 5 min. epoxy. As of late I have been having a problem of pushing the tube out of the blank when I use my end mill to flush-up the blank. I have waited a couple hours before trimming and still had the problem.

All I use is the 5 min. epoxy. I usually wait a few hours for set-up. I'm guessing you are not mixing completely. It does set firmly. I put my glue on sheets of cheap printer paper and mix with a toothpick and apply to the pens with the toothpick. Works for me.
Some like CA, I don't.

Just in case.....

Make sure that you are sanding the tubes prior to glueing. If you are not doing this, it only takes a second to wrap 120 grit around the tube and make it scratched and shiny. It will give the glue something to hold on to and makes a big difference in my opinion. Good luck!

He ships real fast, too, Vaughn. I've ordered twice from him so far and gotten my order in 2-3 days.

-Joe

When you absolutely-positively have to have CA now, go to your local Napa store or other automotive outlet.

It can be a bit pricier than other vendors, but atleast you will be able to continue a project.

joe

I use Z-Poxy Epoxy 30 min Resin mainly because I keep it as a catch all bonding agent for jigs and fixtures etc.

I mix up enough for 5-6 pens at a time (3-4 2" strips) and coat the inside of the blanks with an old 4" straight screwdriver, remains workable for just about enough time to set them all if you are organised.

Never had a bond fail yet, leave for an hour min. though unless in real hurry when setting is accelerated with some warmth.

Thanks for the link Billy. The Little Man is in "break mode" at the moment and my CA supply is running low!:rolleyes: Super glue makes for Super Dad!

Wes