ca glue source

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.

I think I figured out what the problem is with the tubes getting pushed out of the blank.

I made another pencil for my daughter and I used my normal 5 min. epoxy.

I was really careful with the epoxy making sure I coated the entire tube. I also made sure I didn’t get any down inside the tube. It worked like a charm.

I think that getting epoxy inside the tube was the problem. I sometimes would get epoxy inside and I think the friction from the end mill would heat up the epoxy and cause the tube to stick to the shaft and be pushed out of the blank. I’ll just have to be neater from now on.

Attachments

• november 27 abby pen.jpg
    november 27 abby pen.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
........I think that getting epoxy inside the tube was the problem. I sometimes would get epoxy inside and I think the friction from the end mill would heat up the epoxy and cause the tube to stick to the shaft and be pushed out of the blank. ......

John, try this tip:

Thanks Graham for the following;
Cut a 6mm slice from an old potato... push the brass barrel into it... it should come out with a plug of spud inside it... this is the end you insert into the blank when gluing... stops the glue getting into the brass barrel.

(Just wipe the 'wet' end of tube with a bit of rag just in case it affects adhesion)

Tip is one listed at the end of my pens on a budget page.