What is a "Woodsucker"?

Ken Close

As I gather information to improve the absolutely miserable dust control I have in my basement, I came upon the excellent site by Bill Penze: http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/Index.cfm.

My question here is that he and some others in related links, refer to something called the "Woodsucker" or the "Woodsucker II". What the heck is this thing? I assumed it was a commercial unit for sale, but searches do not reveal any such product for sale. The is a web address w w w--woodsucker---com but all it seems to be is a collection of sponsored links to other products and services.

Anyone here heard of a "Woodsucker?" Better yet, anyone here found a cost effective solution to dust control in a hobbyist home basement shop. Perhaps I better go search for past message threads before posing that general question, but any links to info would be appreciated.

Ken

Ken, the Woodsucker is/was a cyclone. Evidently, Bill Pentz felt it was a good unit for a low power motor offering. A quote I read on a quick Google search said that a review in a magazine, had to be about 2 years ago now, sealed the fate of this unit. A quote from Bill said the test was flawed, but it sounds like the damage was done.
Here's a link to what I found: Well, now that's wierd. My computer won't let me copy and paste!!! When I try, the come back here won't let me type until I back out of the page, then go back into it. Let me send this, and I'll take my computer down and back up and try again. Jim.