Birdseye maple and cherry bookcase......done!

Steve Ash

I've been at this for a while in my "extra time" it is a Christmas present for my friends wife. I started another thread on here but couldn't find it in my search.

My friend supplied me with the Birdseye maple from his own saw mill.

She wanted a place to put photo albums away out of view....lower section behind the raised panel cherry and birdseye maple doors, and a area up above for pictures in frames and knick-knacks.

So...it is done in time for Christmas and ready for him to pick up.

P1000046.jpg

Another view....my wife got me a new camera and I think the pictures are a bit yellow. I finished this cabinet with Laquer and it sure shows up the figure of both of the specie of woods, which does not show up well in these pictures.

P1000045.jpg

Wow... That is beautiful work Steve. I know she will fall in love with that immediately! :clap::clap:

DT

Beautiful work there, Steve. Now, fer the Pistures, You've jest gotta quit using them cheap Yeller "Anti Bug Lights" in yer pisture takin' Studio.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Beautiful work there, Steve. Now, fer the Pistures, You've jest gotta quit using them cheap Yeller "Anti Bug Lights" in yer pisture takin' Studio.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yeah i agree norman and part of it is the bud effect,,:rofl: see that entered into the delay in delivery see it was to be for last christmas not this one:rofl: looks great steve and see i told ya it would be good with cherry doors... but keith knows best.... :thumb::thumb:

delay in delivery see it was to be for last christmas not this one:rofl: looks great steve and see i told ya it would be good with cherry doors... but keith knows best.... :thumb::thumb:

Not possible to have it done by last christmas when I didn't have the materials until late November.....I'm not that fast.

Larry you have seen it in person and know how much better it looks than in the pictures, the cherry was an excellent idea :thumb:....every now and again you have a good one.:rofl:

......who's keith?.....

It was very impressive when I saw it in September before it had a finish on it.

Now it is stunning. :thumb: So when do you want me to pick it up? I've got just the place for it and LOML can have it filled within a couple of hours after it's in place. :eek:

Karl