Taking a page from Jim Hager's book....

Nacny....3 1/2 weeks left!! Wow what a feeling....but you know you'll be busier once your retired, although you can do what you want to when you want to. :D Jeff (30 years left)

Nacny....3 1/2 weeks left!! Wow what a feeling....but you know you'll be busier once your retired, although you can do what you want to when you want to. :D Jeff (30 years left)

Do what you want when you want is (take it from a retired WWer) Road Apples! Had more time to do I wish before retiring.... Seek out others and you hear the same.... "when did I have time to work?"

Actually, guys, I'm going from two full-time jobs to only one. I'm giving up the law business with all its "perks" - rat-race rush-hour traffic, errands on my lunch hour, cranky and unrealistic clients, and all the rest of the stuff, and I'm going to stay home and run our laser/woodworking business. If the past three weeks hold true to form, I'll be busy four days a week---but now I'll have a day or so off per week, unlike now. This past week, the only day I had off was Thanksgiving Day--even then I was in the shop "organizing" (again!) and making lists of the things I needed to do on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (after working until 10:00 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday!!). I'm soooo tired of the two jobs--just gonna stay home and turn wood on the lathe, burn wood on the lasers, and go to work in my jammies if I want to!!!

Am I ready? Bet your sweet bippy I am!!

Nancy (25 days)

Yes, Drew - I'm a member on 8 (!) forums, (4 WW, 2 laser, and 2 pen-turning) including this one!! I spend waaaay too much time on-line.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nancy (25 days)

I just turned in my 36 page security clearance update paperwork this morning, something that we have to do every 5 years. This form is akin to bamboo under the fingernails. If I stick to my plan I will only have to fill out one more.

You have no idea how jealous I am!

Wow with all that when do you find the time to turn? :dunno:

When I can get a few minutes at the lathe---or sometimes I'll just set aside a few hours to spend in the shop rather than at the lasers!!

Needless to say, I don't get a lot of "house" stuff done - like cleaning, cooking, laundry - unless I take the time. Cleaning ladies are a necessity--except that I had to fire my ladies on Friday after they didn't show up and didn't call--so I'm searching for a new one (or two). Now, if I could find someone to do my cooking and laundry, I'd be fine!!

Nancy (24 days)

I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched a television program!! :dunno: But maybe that's a good thing, huh?:huh:

The only problem is that I really do miss a lot of good programming - Planet Earth was on Discovery channel and I missed the entire series - and ended up buying the DVDs to watch "someday." Same thing with The War that was on PBS (Ken Burns' epic about WWII). There really is a lot of good programming on channels like PBS and Discovery, and I do like some of the programs on HGTV, but time is my enemy right now. Maybe after the first of the year, I won't have to spend money on the DVDs 'cause I'll be able to watch (and record) the programs first time around.

Wishful thinking..........

Nancy (23 days)