Taking a page from Jim Hager's book....

1!!!!!
Yep, it's here!! As was said in the military, one-and-a-wakeup. It's liable to be pretty weepy around my office for today. Although tomorrow (Friday) is the "official" day, I won't be working tomorrow because the boss is closing the office to start his Christmas vacation. This is it!!!! I'm excited and anxious.

Thank you all for counting down with me, It's been a ride!!

Nancy (1 day)

Hey Nancy ... I just realized that, through some cosmic alignment of something or other, tomorrow just happens to be the shortest (week)day of the year. (The Winter Solstice is actually on Saturday ... but you don't usually work Saturdays at your day job, right?)

When you decide to "get short" you really do it in style! :thumb:

EDIT: Oops - must have missed the page break. Still, that's even better - finishing up one day "short" of the shortest weekday of the year! CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited:
Hi Nancy,

I have been watching your countdown to this day for a fair bit now, kinda like a long distance, cross border cheering section. I would like to extend my most heartfelt wishes of happiness and contentment to you and your family on this special day, made even more special as you turn a page in your career, and we all look towards a most prosperous and healthy New Year. Your boss, who sounds like a very decent man, is losing a most valued co-worker, yet we here gain from your extended hours at home. Sounds like you will be as busy as before, less the commute, but every hour is for your own business, a dream we all wish to attain one day. Enjoy!!

p.s. watch the loose sleeves of the jammies around the lathe,okay?:thumb:

:DWell, it's over. I took all my personal belongings out of the office into my car, cleaned off my computer of my personal stuff, turned in my key, hugged my boss, cried a bit, and left. It is OVER!!! With luck, I'll never have to fight morning rush-hour traffic again.:D:D

Thanks everyone for joining in the countdown and for your good wishes. I'm looking forward to a whole new phase of my life, and it's gonna be a good one. I have declared it to be so.

So, to everyone here---

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, whatever your creed may be, and

May you all have a joyful, peaceful, and prosperous New Year in 2008.

Nancy

Way to go Nancy, enjoy every single minute of your new phase.

I've worked for myself for some time now, and the great thing about working for yourself is you can work half days if you like, you can even choose which half.....................

The FIRST 12 hours or the LAST 12 hours :doh:

:D :wave:

Congrats on hitting the milestone, Nancy. Here's to the next stage in life being better than all the previous ones. :congrats:

Have you seen today's Baby Blues comic strip? More of that "cosmic timing"! :rolleyes:

The link didn't work, Kerry, but I got there anyway. And it IS cosmic timing--I've been telling people that I'm hanging up my high heels and tossing the pantyhose (although I'll still need them to visit clients--can't wear jeans or jammies everywhere).

Very appropriate!!

Nancy