Hello from Poland

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Hello everybody

I discovered this forum by mistake...went around to see what's going on...saw a few familiar names and decided to join...with the help of Vaughn - thank you.

I'm 62 years old and retired (but not tired) already 6 years.
I lived most of my life in Israel and than 11 years in Japan (where the woodworking bug got me) and now I live already 4 years in Poland...

I'm an amateur and use the car garage as a shop so...
Day time - car out (weather permitting) - niki in...
Night time - niki is cleaning - car in - niki out.
So, if you'll see on the pics that my garage is clean...it's not because I want it...

My "heavy machinery" includes a Table saw and Router table only so, I made many jigs to extract the maximum from those two and I'll share them all with you (I mean, the amateurs in the forum)

The woodworking hobby in Poland is not developed as in USA or other "western" country...Poland is still "young" country after the 45 years under the open eye of "Mama Russia"...so many things that are for you just a matter of "pop into the big box" are not available here so the phrase "Necessity - mother of invention" is very correct here...

Best Regards
niki

HI Niki, welcome to the Family!

If you guys have NOT seen some of the wonderfully innovative things that Niki does, well, you are in for a treat.

Niki is one of the most talented jig maker I've seen, and he does without a lot of stuff, and just makes it himself, I very much like that!

Again, welcome Niki, and I'm so glad to see you here!

What have you been up to?

Cheers!

Stu aka "Stu in Tokyo" :wave:

Thank you so much

Stu san
Thanks for the compliments but after seeing your stuff...well, as I said...I'm an amateur...

On my last visit to Tokyo I almost came to see you and my son even found on your site the map to your shop but, it was his wedding and we were "tight" so, I leave it for the next time.

niki

Hi Niki !

And welcome to the Family ! Very nice to see you have found this board. Looking forward to seeing more of your many ingenious jigs and fixtures. I use some of your sand paper tips in my shop often ! (Posted on another board)

Take care,

Welcome to the board, you jigs will be most welcome here :thumb: I see you made it into Wood Magazine Tips and Tricks section this moth, congrats.

Thank you so much for your warm welcome

You guys made me already to feel at home

Alfredo
I already started...go to the "Jigs" forum...

Don
I'm so happy that you got some ideas from this "Sanding paper"

Aaron
If you check the "Jigs" forum you will see it also here...
Maybe on the next issue, I'll hit the "Jack-pot"...

Regards
niki