New office space in the Lab

Jeff Horton

Not so sure this was a good idea. Might never get anything done now. :type:

As you may know I am self employed. Last couple of years I have started to shift from Appraisals to more Home Inspections. Not all by my choice but that is another story. Some weeks I am covered up and some weeks I don't work much at all. I have my office phone in the shop and I recently realized how many times I have had to go upstairs to get information for a client that calls. I finally got serious about getting me a computer down stairs when my stereo died. I really missed the music and this was the kick the pants I need to get this old one going that was given to me.

Next problem was were to put it? Then I found a great space! Space that was wasted anyway and it is out of way. Where the computer wasn't likely to get knocked around.

sub-office.jpg

Excelsiors woodworks new office and ACME Services Inc secondary office. I took an old hollow core door I had used for a bench at one time and cut it down. Took some standard shelf brackets and wala! Instant desk.

This is an old Pentium 800Mhz computer I think? Only has 128 megs of ram but I have two more 128 sticks coming. That will max it out. So I am being careful not to put a lot of applications on there that I really don't need. Mainly just work related files and of course I have it wired into my network so I can access my office files. I also installed a large secondary Hard Drive and will use is as a backup file server of sorts. Main thing is streaming JAZZ in the lab while I work! Got to have that music

Now if I can just stay away from FW and get some real work done down here.
:type: :type: :type:

Last edited: