2 big gloats and 1 small gloat X 2

Chris Mire

1. W&H moulder with custom designed crown and edge band (for tile counters) cutters, the edge band cutters also cut another small decorative moulding i put on my shelf faces and on the bottom of my upper cabinets. the pic below is the crown i designed, nothing special but i am the only one who has it.

IMG_2244.jpg
IMG_2245.jpg
IMG_2249.jpg

2. Conquest Mini Line boring machine, 13 holes at once sure beats one at a time with a drill and a rockler jig. :(

IMG_2251.jpg
IMG_2252.jpg
IMG_2253.jpg

3. Two Triton 2-1/4hp router with all the accessories. these will become my dedicated rail and stile routers when i get my new shop set up...that way i only have to adjust them when i sharpen the bits. :thumb::thumb:

IMG_2248.jpg

the best thing about the W&H and Conquest machines is that they are both made right here in the US. and they both have Baldor motors :thumb:

i think just about everyone knows by now how great the triton routers are after some of the reviews they have gotten. i look forward to putting them through their paces....not to mention never climbing under a router table to adjust bit height ever again

a much happier woodworker,
Chris

Sure good tools count, but what is between the ears counts more Chris!

Nice additions to the shop for sure, them Triton routers are supposed to be fantastic, if my M12 Hitachi ever dies (doubt it) I'll replace it with a Triton in a heart beat!

Cheers!

stu, i agree

they are definitely nice and much welcomed additions.

i haven't used the routers for much, but i did try one out a little and i like the feel of them. the motor sounds different than my PC's and my dad's dewalt.

chris

nice one jim :D

norman, i sure hope they do.

tod,

i agree bout the hussey, the line borer too, but there are hobbiest that i have seen post their shops who make mine look childish.

but as we all know, you can do just about anything you want with minimal tools if you have the desire to do so, my desire to do things the hard way is slipping away :D

i visited a neighboring shop today, one of the bigger ones in town. they had some seriously nice equipment in there, but in my opinion my cabs look just as good :thumb:

chris

I have seen Norm from New Yankee workshop use a moulding machine. Is that the one? I seem to recall it being red, but no brand was readable. Do you have a link to the manufacturer? I am considering one for reproducing moulding in my house.

Thanks

That is a "Really" nice setup Chris! :thumb:

Don't forget the pictures for us as you dress up those projects.

DT

I have seen Norm from New Yankee workshop use a moulding machine. Is that the one? I seem to recall it being red, but no brand was readable. Do you have a link to the manufacturer? I am considering one for reproducing moulding in my house.

Thanks

here`s a link bobby;
http://www.williamsnhussey.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=WNH
grizzly markets a clone for about half the money....from what i`ve heard from a couple of local owners about 1/2 the machine as well?

Nice score Chris. I just got a Hussey myself, great machine. You'll love the line boring machine. Just make sure when you flip your stock to do the other row of holes your stops are dead on or your shelfs will teter.

Doug

don, i won' forget..:thumb:

tod, the guy who sold me the hussey said he sell me the shopfox version with a disclaimer...."If it breaks don't call me"

he said out of 12 they had sold 9 had broken.

then another supplier visited my shop and said the same thing, he said when they contacted Shopfox, they said no one else was complaining. :huh:
they had similiar statistics on sold to broken

thanks doug, i do love both of them. both great machines. helping out already. i am thinking of switching all of my cabinets to adjustable shelving now. not many people around here do that so it would be a selling point for me. :thumb:

bobby, not sure if that is the one norm used, but it is the only red moulder i have ever seen. but that isn't saying much, i've only seen a few.

chris

Chris if you aren't doing adjustable shelving now what are you doing? Must be fixed. I haven't seen fixed shelving in a long time. What are you using for your carcass construction? I'm thinking dados. If you go adjustable you will have to change up a little.

Doug

doug,

yes fixed shelving in most places except for builtins and such. that is what most people around here do. i think that might start changing soon though.

yes i use dados...i have thought of going to pocket screws but it would take me longer to build boxes. i can barely keep up right now as it is, so any big changes to my methods would just slow me down more.

Hi Chris :wave:,
Those are some very good selections, serious stuff. I bet you have some great fun and satisfaction seeing the level of your production and quality of your work changing. I think your crown molding design is a good one! To your credit :thumb:. Pretty rewarding seeing your own design come out of the machine in perfect fashion?
Good for YOU!
Shaz :)