Former Member (by the member's request)
We officially have Wheelie Feeties!

100_2230.jpg

100_2225-1.jpg

100_2232.jpg

100_2233-1.jpg

100_2234.jpg

100_2235.jpg

The blocks under those straps allowed the engine hoist to hold the drill press up rested on the floor without damage to handles, motor mount or the plastic top, while I worked on the foot. Piece_a_cake. :thumb:

The base is nice and stable, rolls and turns really easy. The three brakes work extremely well! :thumb:

More to come, I got a mini start on the clamp situation tonight.

I've earned myself a nap. ;)
:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

DT

Congrats on the progress, Don. :thumb: Not only am I envious of the nice drill press and hoist, but you actually have room to move them around. Bonus! :D

Ditto on the Hoist. Very handy thing to have around.

I've used mine to lift a gun safe (900#) into the back of my pickup truck, to Lift my table saw onto a mobile base, etc....

Very nice looking base on the drill press. Need to get one of those someday!

What a nice looking shop too Don!

Don, I'm jealous. That hoist is something that I could certainly make use of.

It's just an engine hoist Frank. One can pick them up fairly cheaply now and then here in the states. I think I saw one on the craigslist for $75 (US) a while back?

DT

Congrats on the progress, Don. :thumb: Not only am I envious of the nice drill press and hoist, but you actually have room to move them around. Bonus! :D

Well believe me Vaughn, I was worried a bit. I have worked long and hard to get some of that space back. I was loaded up with JUNK! :rofl:

DT

Thank everyone for the kind words. It's great to have someone to say "LOOK WHAT I DID," to. ;)

DT

That mobil base looks like a really good matchup for that unit Don, and should be very stable without having anything sticking out far from the base to get in the way of your feet or cause you to trip when using the DP or moving around it. Your choice of engine hoist models was excellent too, since it has the fold up feet bars, and doesn't take up but about 1/3 or less floor space when not in use and folded up. I think those choices deserve a "TTU", (three thumbs up). :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Those engine hoists are really handy around any type of shop. I borrowed one from a Buddy to load and unload my MM 20, FS 350 and Pm 66 when we moved them from Storage in the Garage to the shop, and it would sure have been a lot more work without the hoist. Unfortunately, the legs don't fold up on his, and since he is "temporarily" out of space, it has been taking up MUCH NEEDED Space in my garage ever since, (3 Yrs), but I'm not about to complain.

Last edited:
Yep Don, very handy to ''rock a roll'' around with this drillpress on wheels.
Good there are brakes working so well.
Have fun. :wave:

Cool, Don! I have one under most of my pieces and they come in quite handy. I have one yet to install, under my TS, but unlike you I have no engine hoist to pick it up so I've been running through "how to's" in my head for several weeks now. I'll get there though... no rush.

That mobil base looks like a really good matchup for that unit Don, and should be very stable without having anything sticking out far from the base to get in the way of your feet or cause you to trip when using the DP or moving around it. Your choice of engine hoist models was excellent too, since it has the fold up feet bars, and doesn't take up but about 1/3 or less floor space when not in use and folded up. I think those choices deserve a "TTU", (three thumbs up). :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Those engine hoists are really handy around any type of shop. I borrowed one from a Buddy to load and unload my MM 20, FS 350 and Pm 66 when we moved them from Storage in the Garage to the shop, and it would sure have been a lot more work without the hoist. Unfortunately, the legs don't fold up on his, and since he is "temporarily" out of space, it has been taking up MUCH NEEDED Space in my garage ever since, (3 Yrs), but I'm not about to complain.

Thanks Norman,
I have a tiny garage but it's where I store all my mechanic helpers.
I have a concrete walk way from the garage to the shop so I can roll them back and forth.

DT

Cool, Don! I have one under most of my pieces and they come in quite handy. I have one yet to install, under my TS, but unlike you I have no engine hoist to pick it up so I've been running through "how to's" in my head for several weeks now. I'll get there though... no rush.

Billy I think I would make a temporary frame out of what ever I had laying around and use one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=30329

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=5798

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=30905

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=44847

You only have to lift the machine a few inches to get the wheels under it and set it back down quickly. It wouldn't have the time to to stress the frame to much. Just don't get under the machine in ANY way.

DT

Yeah , I carted off some of that "junk".....

I was in Starke a couple weeks ago Don , albeit it was the middle of the afternoon. I knew you'd be snoozing so I didn't stop.

Elliott :thumb:

I'm sorry I missed you Chief! You won't know the shop when you see it again. It's moving right along!

DT