Crazy Thoughts-Thinking about Leaving

...All of that to say this, Stu's story of the daughter is a truth with children in any broken family...
I know you have good intentions here, but it's a stretch to make a blanket statement about 'truth' here. There are sooooo many different levels of 'broken family', and millions (upon millions) of people who got through it just fine as children.

My Turn,
You and your lady may not be able to stay together but your daughter needs you.
2 weeks in the summer don't cut it.
You and your wife have to agree above all else that the little lady needs to be in both of your lives. Stay close, this is real important.

Having known and dated many women with fathers missing from their lives, I can say from the outside that this loss impacts most of their future relationships and how the rest of their lives will be.
Do the right thing.

One of the key things here I think is this, Patty and I were unequally yoked as the good book says and that is a huge part of our problem.

Anyway the good book says "not to be unequally yoked", and yet it also says "let no man put asunder what he hath joined together."

If you are going to put Biblical principles into the mix, then you should not just take passages out of context to justify what you want to do. Based on Biblical principles, divorce under the conditions you describe is not an option. Just my take on things.

Happily married 24.5 years and a total of 26 years, all to the same woman. :thumb:

Last edited:
If you are going to put Biblical principles into the mix, then you should not just take passages out of context to justify what you want to do. Based on Biblical principles, divorce under the conditions you describe is not an option. Just my take on things.

Happily married 24.5 years and a total of 26 years, all to the same woman. :thumb:

not tryun to take away from what others have said but if we were to be honest with ourselfs the years of marrige are not in no way no how all happy.... but if you look at the big picture then they averge out to be that way.. i for one have many thorns and stumbled and fell and got brused and abused some of which was duly needed but after all the obsticales and the stresses i am still at it after 34yrs and i aint no saint by no means.. the old sayun "been there dun that" is a very appropiate for my past. but look at the best peice of birdseye maple you ever saw,,, thats was after several years of stress not perfect growin temps!