Hold-down rollers

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

I made as an aid to hold the Outfeed side pressed to the fence but later I made it with two wheels, one before and one after the blade.

Again, the wheel is inclined toward the fence and when the workpiece is passing, the wheel presses it to the fence.

I set the wheels height to about 5/32"~1/4" below the board height by changing the spacers.

Regards
niki

HD1.jpg

HD2.jpg

HD3.jpg

HD4.jpg

HD5.jpg

HD6.jpg

HD7.jpg

HD8.jpg

HD9.jpg

HD10.jpg

That's an ingenious tool you have there Niki, look out Board Buddies! :thumb:

DT

Thank you Don

At my age (62) I love the things "under control" or even better under "remote control"...I mean, with my hands and body far from the guarded blade...

When I'm using the "feather rollers" or the "hold-down rollers" or both (in case of long thick boards), nowadays, I'm using a loooong push stick that keeps me out of the "fire zone" and I feel very safe and relaxed that "somebody" is holding the workpiece for me...I just have to push...

Regards
niki
06.jpg 07.jpg

The 2 roller system would work very well with the sliding rip fence hold down in the latest issue of Shopnotes [Vol 16 Issue 96]. I desigened that and sent it to them. It would let the push block follow the rollers thru the cut so full control is maintained till the cut is finished.

I currently use it with a set of board buddies but I have altered the sliding mechanism design to reduce the height above the fence.

Keith

The 2 roller system would work very well with the sliding rip fence hold down in the latest issue of Shopnotes [Vol 16 Issue 96]. I desigened that and sent it to them. It would let the push block follow the rollers thru the cut so full control is maintained till the cut is finished.

I currently use it with a set of board buddies but I have altered the sliding mechanism design to reduce the height above the fence.

Keith

Is this it here?
http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/096/videos/sliding-hold-down/

Yes that is the sliding hold down I sent to Shopnotes.

For people that use the Gripper this hold down works very well especially on narrow rips.

Keith