Thread: Largest woodworking forum

Largest woodworking forum

Been thinking on this one for a while now. Who do you think has the biggest woodworking forum? I know it depends on how you define size, but I guess I would say by posts or posting members.

I think Woodnet is the most active I have seen by far.

I would have to say that Wood Online is. I still go on there everyday, but I am no longer a moderator on that forum. I know two years ago that forum had 95,000 registered members and something like over a thousand pages of stuff that can be accessed by woodworkers. Everything from a webpage about tools of the Coopersmith to Old Ironsides...it has it. You just got to learn how to navigate the awkward maze, that's all.

I believe I joined both but never went back. Probably something about the "maze" referred to that overwhelmed the information and fun parts. Same with a writers group I belong to. Wadda mess, no use and no fun.

I forgot about Wood's forums. I go there but I don't like the lay out either. But just form the forum part I still think Woodnet is more active than any of them. I know it has a lot more posts than us or SMC. I would think Wood does too but I don't spend enough time there to know.

Just curious to what everyone else thought. I saw someone spout off about this and it go me to thinking.

How about Fine Woodworking's forum? it seems to have a lot of traffic.

jeff, i have no idea ......when i started participating in the online forums about a year ago woodweb was the only one i read untill i found smc...i liked the "family" enviornment the site had at the time so i jumped in with both feet....when things started getting kinda funny at smc i looked again at what was available both big-n-small........didn`t find any i really wanted to hang my hat at, especially the "big" ones, it seemed as though the majority of posts on the larger forums where not subjects i felt like discussing on line with folks i didn`t know.........most of `em seemed like chat rooms for folks of a different era or mindset from myself....sorry for ramblin`.....tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Good point Tod. Thats probably why I don't participate in several I have bookmarked. I skim the posts for something that I can learn or offer advice. But for the most part I am an inactive member in several.

Ken, I forgot about FWW and not sure I have been there in over a year.