A little roofing question......Now a COMPLETED Job.....

Hey Scott,

Good to see ya here! :wave:

The "ugly" comes from seeing too many blue corrugated, add on at a later time, roofs and side panels in Japan. Seems like every business has a few, and so do the homes. Personal pet peeve I guess... :doh::D

I prefer bamboo....:thumb:

OK, I got this done today! :thumb:

roof_done1.JPG roof_done2.JPG roof_done3.JPG

I was off on the amount of time it took to install, I gave myself an hour, it took more like 20 minutes :D

The dentist was VERY pleased, she went on to tell me that the equipment inside the unit would cost near $10,000 to replace :eek: There is a VERY good compressor, and two special filtration and drying units for the compressed air. This is the air that the tools the dentist uses run on. The one filter thing looked to be a replaceable element type, the element is replaced every 3 months or so, and is about 18"x18"x12" round thing, the second unit, which I could not figure out if it was a drier, or a filter, or both, was some kind of electrostatic unit, she said it was replace a few years ago and cost well over $5000, ouch!

When she asked the price, I could have easily said $300 or $400 and I think she would have paid, but I've got all of three hours into this, I did it in my extra time, I did it at my own pace and I used almost all recycled material, so I said $100. I think she now wants me to make some other things, storage shelves and such, I'll set the price for those beforehand, and make sure they are a little more realistic.

I'm satisfied I did a good job at a good price.

Thanks for the help guys! :wave:

PS, in the last pic you can see my "Work Truck" :D :rofl:

Sorry Stu I missed this last posting. The shed roof looks good. I would only make one added suggestion that you might want to think about putting some plastic bug screen up on the open ends to stop the little creepy crawlies from making themselves a new home. Just a bead of Caulk and press it on then wrap it in a thin piece of wood for decoration to cover the caulk. Just a couple of nails should do to secure it.