Let me introduce myself....

:D Hello fellow woodworkers. I'm married w/ 2 children...both recently "flew the coop"...FREEBIRD!!!! We live in Charlotte, NC and have a garage shop. (plus one of the empty nest rooms is now a finishing room)
Just took up woodworking as a serious hobby about 3 years ago. (Piddled at it for years) I see a lot of familiar folks on this forum...many have been a tremendous help. In fact, most of my tools were purchased on the recommendation from many of YOU.

I have a very bad case of WADD. (Woodworkers Attention Deficit Disorder) Meaning I've started too many projects and have finished too few. Currently working on refinishing eight oak coffee & end tables, working on a mantle clock, just finished making a batch of wine bottle holders (Christmas presents), re-caning and refinishing a dinette set, and am finishing up building my first acoustic guitar.

Oh....and LOML just asked for new wooden floors in the hallway & family room. (at least it's WOOD)

Oh Oh...Daughter is getting married this Spring. I've promised a barristers bookcase (he's a lawyer) to my future son-in-law.

Other hobbies I enjoy include kayaking & fishing (I fish out of my kayak) tennis and playing guitar...Bluegrass, Newgrass & Country) Must admit that I'm really getting hooked on luthier work. I'm not a luthier....just would like to get better at it. Hearing your work come to life is indescribable.

Anyway, glad I found out where all you folks went. Looking forward to harassing...errr...kibitzing with ya'll.

John Whittaker

Last edited:
Sorry to be late in saying howdy here John, but we can always use more guitar kind of folks around this place. Glad to see you made it here. :thumb: