Is Bald Beautiful???

Well, the more I work with hand tools, the more I have to sharpen. The more I have to sharpen, the balder my wrist is becoming (see photo) :dunno:

Fortunately my watch covers it up, but as with most bald spots, I'm afraid it's going to start developing into something more noticeable ;)

So am I the only one who tests their blades for sharpness this way? Should this be a badge of pride that I'm officially in the Neanderthal rank and file? Can you notice a Neander in the super market line by the bald wrist?

So what do you do when you're done sharpening to check your work? Do you?

Question: Is bald beautiful?

Okay, I just thought I'd have some fun at my own expense. It just dawned on me today when I was sharpening, "Jason, you're shaving your wrist!!! You have a bald wrist! Get a hold of yourself, man!" I figured I'd share my laughter with you.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Photo 1: Full Pride
Photo 2: Undercover

Attachments

• Bald-is-beautiful-1.jpg
    Bald-is-beautiful-1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Bald-is-beautiful-2.jpg
    Bald-is-beautiful-2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 18
Oh so that is why you like those big watches! Don't forget you've got another wrist, you can set that one for east coast time :D

Heck, Jay, I can't even find my watch. Better not start shaving my arms, then, because I typically don't wear long sleeves either...

I think testing for sharpness if done is best done on a piece of end grain Pine. Even a serrated edge will cut hair, but not cleanly shave end grain Pine.

That said, once comfortable with what sharp is, that you consistently arrive at sharp, I imagine the hair will grow back <g>...

Take care, Mike

I think it's time you got a cat.

doug i `bout sprayed the screen! good`n!.......
jason, i too do the endgrain test, even on my pocket-n-kitchen knifes...before i started using softwood my wrist and forearm where as bald as my ol` head........tod

doug i `bout sprayed the screen! good`n!.......
...tod

Hope nobody think's I was serious. I've got two that I love dearly. Both of them have claws sharper than any of my plane irons and wouldn't sit still for no shaving nonsense. The dog on the other hand might just work, as long as I keep her focused on chewing a treat while I test the iron.